How Do I Find a Quality Programmer?

I don't spend much time in forums so this thread might seem silly but I would like to know how to find a quality trustworthy programmer. I have not had much luck in this regard so I am assuming there is something I am missing. What type of qualifications or certification should I be looking for that can give me the confidence that the person can do MT4 programming and also programming for other platforms that are not MT4. Is there anywhere I can look besides forex forums. My strategies are correlation and grid related.

I welcome any assistance.

Cheers!!!

Hi, I am a software developer for >15+ years, and have been programmed some indicators and EAs, please contact me at projects(AT)hiratte.com and we discuss further. Thanks!

sparxfx:

I don't spend much time in forums so this thread might seem silly but I would like to know how to find a quality trustworthy programmer. I have not had much luck in this regard so I am assuming there is something I am missing. What type of qualifications or certification should I be looking for that can give me the confidence that the person can do MT4 programming and also programming for other platforms that are not MT4. Is there anywhere I can look besides forex forums. My strategies are correlation and grid related.

Cheers!!!

Hi,

I am a programmer for hire, and I've been coding EA's and Indicators for clients for almost a year now. My fee per project basis and depends on the complexity of the project. My main concern when coding is the stability of the Program.

I also read your other post regarding your correlation strategy and I am very intrested in helping you develop your Strategy into an EA. I've been looking into several correlation strategies lately but most that I have found are too risky for my taste and since you mentioned in your other post that your strategy has minimal drawdown maybe your strategy is just what I'm looking for. So if you need an MQL Programmer you can email me at mikhail.eforex@yahoo.com so we can futher discuss your needs.

Regards,

Mikhail

sparxfx:

Cheers!!!

Well, i have the programs ready with all the indicators, fully hedged for 50 pairs, 1:500 leverage, 100% mechanical EAs, currently i'm forward testing them all. Also, i'm diversifying the system for 100 pairs, so i'm not done yet with the programming and forward testing of all pairs. It's the typical correlation trading, ratio, standard deviations, statistical arbitrage, mean reversion system. I'm not selling the system for obvious reasons, but once it is fully ready, anyone who's interested in joining the investor's club is welcome.

@cod3

"...anyone who's interested in joining the investor's club is welcome."

Yes, I'm interested (soc607@t-online.de).

It's however very easy to trade the correlations...

Please think about:

- Stock prices are modeled as a log-normal process, and that is definitely not stationary.

- Only when time series are stationary, the returns are predictable.

The use of differences (X- Xmean) in the SMA_MultiHedge EA e.g. is imho not stationary. ..!

SwingMan:

@cod3

"...anyone who's interested in joining the investor's club is welcome."

Yes, I'm interested (soc607@t-online.de).

It's however very easy to trade the correlations...

Well, i do not disagree, but can you handle what a computer can handle in terms of trade volumes? The system is setup to handle a max of 2496 different pair combinations. .........Speaking from my own experience, correlation trading with single pair is a heavy process, so i can't imagine doing more then 10 manually.

@cOd3

You are right. On my trading account I cant trade more as 10 pairs.

If you have a Hedge Found, sure can you apply the strategy for 2496 or more combinations.

Not even One programmer in this forum has any spare time nor a kind enough heart to help anyone but Themselves and without $compensation nor knows any other programmer that is kind enough? Wow, so much for "giving is better than receiving" around here! My God, what has the world come too? :)

Card_Hockey:
Not even One programmer in this forum has any spare time nor a kind enough heart to help anyone but Themselves and without $compensation nor knows any other programmer that is kind enough? Wow, so much for "giving is better than receiving" around here! My God, what has the world come too? :)

When you go to work and you have 40 hrs acumulated, how often do you tell your boss, you can keep the paycheck this week, I work for nothing.

1. He can get your ideas/strategy, then disappear.

2. He can get your payment, then disappear without delivering the EA.

These are the 2 risks, as this is the 'internet'. There are some 'middle-man' companies who help resolve issue #2 above (like Liveperson), by protecting your payment, but there is nothing protecting you from the #1 issue.

Reason: