RE:Automated Trading Championship 2007

Can somebody explane is this Championship for programmers or traders?

I want to participate,but can not program option about trading from one chart with 3 different symbols that has 3 differents MA Periods, for

example in MT4 terminal has EA by Metaquotes called :Moving Average.Why don't update that simple EA to has this function you(Metaquotes) require from all participants in Championship?

Now it seems that YOU(Metaquotes) want to suport programers(traders to pay programers to create custom indicators and EA).

So please help us to participate in same condition :no matter traders only or programers.

Regards

Metaquotes do not care you are programmer or trader.

you can tack part in only if you supply EA program,

in other word, it is EA code take part in the Championship !!!

any people only watch during Championship

:)

DxdCn:

Metaquotes do not care you are programmer or trader.

you can tack part in only if you supply EA program,

in other word, it is EA code take part in the Championship !!!

any people only watch during Championship

:)

Thanks for answer,but my question was to Metaquotes.

Unfortunately they reply only when they decide and mostly to rusian forum.

Probably they are busy to make new update to metatrader :)

It is allowed to  participate any trader who has Expert Advisor  meets Rules of Automated Trading Championship 2007.

I don't see what's wrong with supporting programmers? LOL.

Programmers are people too, they want to eat.

I already have a contest account, is there a a way to reset the balance? coz.. i have a better ea now.

Can somebody explane me the rules for EA on Championship - can EA trade only with one currency pair on selected chart or is it allowed to
EA trade with more currency pairs using market info?

Rosh:
It is allowed to participate any trader who has Expert Advisor meets Rules of Automated Trading Championship 2007.

I know that Rosh. But programmers have the advantage to make better EA-regarding rules I mean. I just don't have their skills to make EA trading from 1 chart with 3 symbols, so if I want to do that I must pay to someone who can. But then this is not my EA this is someone programmers EA, who can even use some of my trading strategies!

This is not fare Contest.

So make sample EA that meets contest rules and everybody who wants to participate to use his own indicators and so on...

finite:

This is not fare Contest.

So make sample EA that meets contest rules and everybody who wants to participate to use his own indicators and so on...

I think the objective of MQ is to promote its automated trading technology and to attract research in the automated trading technology. So it's not intended to be fair for anybody.

For traders in general, manual trading competiton which organized by many brokers is more suitable. Btw many metatrader based brokers are organizing such competition, just google it.

in 2006, these question was proposed.

I think, MT is not court, it can not judge who owns trading strategies and who owns program.

so who upload code who take part in, and and only discard those almost behavior same results.

Maybe.

Hello Rosh,
Currently I'm testing my EA using Alpari's data for Automatic Championship 2007, how reliable this data compared to yours?
And since I'm using 4H timeframe, I'm concern about Championship server's timezone, is it gmt+1?
Thank you
Reason: