Something really weird 2 - page 2

ggekko:

:(  Done 100x, but nothing.

I think it is theoretically impossible to get EURUSD using Symbol() on a USDCHF chart. Cannot imagine else, than it is a bug in MT4.

No! I don't believe it is a MT4 bug or else it would have been detected by others as well. It is more probable that it is a code problem with something difficult to spot. Just have someone you trust have a look at it!

FMIC:
No! I don't believe it is a MT4 bug or else it would have been detected by others as well. It is more probable that it is a code problem with something difficult to spot. Just have someone you trust have a look at it!
Maybe I try to reproduce the problem with a simplified indicator and upload here.

Really weird.

Originally I used canvas with BitmapLabel. Now I changed it to an OBJ_LABEL and no problem at all.

What is BitmapLabel got to do with Symbol()?! Totally confused.

ggekko:

Really weird.

Originally I used canvas with BitmapLabel. Now I changed it to some Labels and no problem at all.

What is BitmapLabel got to do with Symbol()?! Totally confused.

Maybe the Chart Object ID/Name you are generating is linking back to an existing object still open on the EUR/USD chart and thus causing the problem. You should not rely on data stored in the Chart objects - hence, why I asked if your were storing persistent data in Chart Objects.

FMIC:
Maybe the Chart Object ID/Name you are generating is linking back to an existing object still open on the EUR/USD chart and thus causing the problem. You should not rely on data stored in the Chart objects - hence, why I asked if your were storing persistent data in Chart Objects.

Thank you FMIC for your suggestion. Problem solved.

Uhhh .. Yes, I had to remove the BitmapLabel in the OnInit(). Very strange, there wasn't "existing object still open" on the original chart which gave the template, nor on other.

(But yes, actually it is a feature, not a bug :)) With such a template one can get realtime fresh data on a given chart from any other instrument (it is better than the timer!). LOL

Reason: