Can someone tell me why do the objects disappear from time to time? Thanks! - page 2

FMIC:

Dude, it seems that you are the one that is not understanding things and not being totally forthcoming!

The "drawings" as you call them are called "Graphical Chart Objects" or "Objects" for short, and they are created either by code using the function "ObjectCreate()" or manually when you add them yourself to a chart.

Yes, they are listed in the Objects List, but some may be hidden and so you have to click on the "List All" to see the full list.

However, in the code that you have provided, there are neither any "ObjectCreate()" functions nor any "ObjectDelete()" functions, so the code you have shown does not create nor remove any of those Objects ("drawings" as you call them).

So, that means that, they are either created or deleted by OTHER code and not the part that you have shown or that you have other 3rd party things running that you are have not mentioned. Your screenshots show that your chart has an EA attached, called "Turn_Around_RSI_4_Greg_E_sharpER_NE_LR2", so consider the fact that those Objects (drawings) are being generated and deleted by that EA.

PS! When adding code, please use the SRC button (the toolbar) in order to properly format it. So please, go back to your initial post, edit it, and replace your code using the SRC button so that it can be more readable.

Thank you for your response.

The EA does not plot anything. I can remove it and still make the same screen shots. That's merely a counter part that does the buying based on the same signals the indicator plots things by.

I am most certainly not getting any help here. 

macdulio_:

Thank you for your response.

The EA does not plot anything. I can remove it and still make the same screen shots. That's merely a counter part that does the buying based on the same signals the indicator plots things by.

I am most certainly not getting any help here.

We are trying to help you but you are ignoring the answers! Just because it is not what you expect to be answered does not mean that we are not trying to help you. In fact, my post gave you several pieces of helpful and useful information which you are simply dismissing.

It is simply the fact, that the code you have provided does not show any indication of being responsible for what you have described. And since we cannot read your mind nor see what else is running on your system, all we can do do is push you to be more forthcoming.

Ask yourself this question: If the code you provided does not create or delete objects, and if the EA as you stated does not, then where are the objects coming from?

For example, are you applying templates? Are there other indicators attached? Be more forthcoming!

OK! I think I have now understood all this confusion! It is simply an example of people talking about things with different names - hence the misunderstanding.

I now see in your code (and had you used the SRC button as we have requested, we would have seen it sooner), that you are using Arrow/Symbols for displaying your Indicator buffers. Now I understand what you mean by "drawings", and this case, these are NOT called Objects as you stated in your Thread heading (again confusion due to the wrong names).

OK! So here is the gist of it! The reason why your Arrows/Symbols in the buffers are disappearing is because of bad code in your indicator causing what is usually known as "repainting", in which previously set values of the buffers are rewritten due to changing values of current conditions.

However, in order to help you correct the issue, you will have to do things right. So, please go back to your first post and enter the code properly with the SRC button.

Also, in order to facilitate things for us, in order to be able to more easily help you, if you are willing and if at all possible, please attach the full file as well!

EDIT! Here are a few points you can apply in order to start cleaning up your code!

1. Don't resize your buffers on every call to start(). The size of declared buffers is handled by the application, so leave the sizing alone.
  2. Don't reinitialise the contents of buffers on every call to start(). If done correctly, you may even not need to initialise them at all.
  3. Don't recalculate all of it on every call to start(). You are supposed to set it up once and then update any recent information, not do it all over again on every call.
  4. Use the newer style of programming using the OnCalulate() event handler and not the old start() function.
There are more points, but we will wait until you have submitted the code properly with SRC button or via an attachment of the complete file.

FMIC,

Thank you for your endurance and good will.  The answer shortly is to move the initialization part away from the start section. It leaves me with different visuals that would take time to get used to, but if all goes well, nothing would disappear from now on.

Cheers,

Mac

...I spoke too soon, the sell / buy arrays still go empty at times, but at least the other ones stay... oh well, one can't have everything to their liking. 

End3 

macdulio_:

Come to think of it, the results (plots) are totally incorrect.

There were half as many calls in reality, here's the original enlisted again.

end4 

No happy end after all. 

macdulio_: Thank you for your endurance and good will.  The answer shortly is to move the initialization part away from the start section. It leaves me with different visuals that would take time to get used to, but if all goes well, nothing would disappear from now on.

...I spoke too soon, the sell / buy arrays still go empty at times, but at least the other ones stay... oh well, one can't have everything to their liking.

Did you apply the 4 points I outlined?

If you want us to continue helping you, please post updated code. Use SRC button please or simply attach the ".mq4" file.

FMIC:

Did you apply the 4 points I outlined?

If you want us to continue helping you, please post updated code. Use SRC button please or simply attach the ".mq4" file.

Sorry, there is no updated code, I reversed everything to the original. This problem is beyond me.

I have the sync with the EA at risk, which is not 100% to begin with as you can imagine. A little annoyment is better than even less accuracy. 

macdulio_:

Sorry, there is no updated code, I reversed everything to the original. This problem is beyond me.

I have the sync with the EA at risk, which is not 100% to begin with as you can imagine. A little annoyment is better than even less accuracy. 

Look, I have gone out of my way to try to help you, but you seem to want to make it difficult for us.

I have already outlined 4 major points of the cause of the problem, yet you have not made any effort to make those changes and show your attempt at them, or in the very least ask for more detailed explanations.

I have also, requested several times, that you edit the initial post to use the SRC buttom for your code and/or to supply it as an attached file.

Some of the other posters have already given up on you and my own patience is also beginning to grow thin.

So, tell me honestly now! Do you want to solve the problem or are you trying to waste our time?

FMIC:

Look, I have gone out of my way to try to help you, but you seem to want to make it difficult for us.

I have already outlined 4 major points of the cause of the problem, yet you have not made any effort to make those changes and show your attempt at them, or in the very least ask for more detailed explanations.

I have also, requested several times, that you edit the initial post to use the SRC buttom for your code and/or to supply it as an attached file.

Some of the other posters have already given up on you and my own patience is also beginning to grow thin.

So, tell me honestly now! Do you want to solve the problem or are you trying to waste our time?

I am sorry, I won't bother anyone here again.

By moving the initialization part we were headed in the wrong direction.

I made some clips, that may show here and there some of the disappearing marks today.

http://macdulio.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/cl-11-just-clips.html 

19.02 and 19.04 are the two routines that utilize the signals.

As for the plots being there or not on the screen at times, they only have secondary importance and I do not feel like spending more time with the issue.

I am however grateful that I found your keen spirit here. 

Reason: