Auto Fibo Ray_Right Issue

Hi guys..

I know that this might seem very simple but for the life of me I cannot work it out... I have an Auto Fibo custom indicator that automatically displays the Fibonacci levels as the market progresses. How can I get it offset from the right hand side of my screen? I've played around with OBJPROP_RAY_RIGHT,  XDISTANCE, OFFSET etc.... this should be so simple, but,..... can't seem to get it right.... Could someone please point me in the right direction here... 

Thanx

Try setting OBJPROP_RAY to false

(not OBJPROP_RAY_RIGHT)

honest_knave:

Try setting OBJPROP_RAY to false

(not OBJPROP_RAY_RIGHT)

Thanx knave...

I have.. I've played around with all the OBJ properties but obviously not the right one... ummm... I'm using the OBJ_FIBO property by the way... 

if(T1<T2)
   {ObjectCreate("Fibo", OBJ_FIBO, 0, T1, highest,T2,lowest);}
   else{ObjectCreate("Fibo", OBJ_FIBO, 0, T2, lowest, T1,highest);}

string fiboobjname = "Fibo";

ObjectSet(fiboobjname, OBJPROP_RAY_RIGHT,false);

ObjectSet(fiboobjname, OBJPROP_FIBOLEVELS, 11);
   ObjectSet(fiboobjname, OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL, 0.0);
   ObjectSetFiboDescription(fiboobjname,0,"Low    %$");  //
   ObjectSet(fiboobjname, OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+1, 0.236);
   ObjectSetFiboDescription(fiboobjname,1,"23.6     %$");
   ObjectSet(fiboobjname, OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+2, 0.382);
   ObjectSetFiboDescription(fiboobjname,2,"38.2     %$");
   ObjectSet(fiboobjname, OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+3, 0.50);
   ObjectSetFiboDescription(fiboobjname,3,"50.0     %$");
   ObjectSet(fiboobjname, OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+4, 0.618);
   // etc.
   //etc...

...aswell as OBJPROP_RAY,false as you suggested...

Mike.T:

Hi guys..

I know that this might seem very simple but for the life of me I cannot work it out... I have an Auto Fibo custom indicator that automatically displays the Fibonacci levels as the market progresses. How can I get it offset from the right hand side of my screen? I've played around with OBJPROP_RAY_RIGHT,  XDISTANCE, OFFSET etc.... this should be so simple, but,..... can't seem to get it right.... Could someone please point me in the right direction here... 

If the Indicator is using the one of the Fibonacci Graphical Chart Object types, then it has to do with the 2nd date/time used. The further you push that date/time away from the 1st/starting date/time, the more it scales out (non-linearly) to right.

FMIC:

If the Indicator is using the one of the Fibonacci Graphical Chart Object types, then it has to do with the 2nd date/time used. The further you push that date/time away from the 1st/starting date/time, the more it scales out (non-linearly) to right.

Thanx Fernado... I think you have hit the nail on the head.... I need to learn not to clip code... it does nothing for your programming confidence... I should have programmed this from the beginning... It would have taken me half the time... Thanx for pointing me in the right direction...

It's the date/time issue... 

Mike Tanton:

Thanx Fernado... I think you have hit the nail on the head.... I need to learn not to clip code... it does nothing for your programming confidence... I should have programmed this from the beginning... It would have taken me half the time... Thanx for pointing me in the right direction...

It's the date/time issue... 

Hi Mike, I would like to ask you how did your initiated work on retrieving the price of the fibo level had progressed?

Were you able to retrieving the price of the fibo level?

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Hi Mike, I would like to ask you how did your initiated work on retrieving the price of the fibo level had progressed?

Were you able to retrieving the price of the fibo level?

Hi Chris... ummm, getting the values of the Fib levels is quite easy once you have created them as Objects on your chart... I just use this function to store each of the values as Global variables to use elsewhere in my code.

//+-----------------------------------+
//| Get Fib TP Line Values            |
//+-----------------------------------+
void Get_Fib_TP_Values()
{
   Fib_Target1 = ObjectGet("FiboT_Target1_Mark",1);
   Fib_Target2 = ObjectGet("FiboT_Target2_Mark",1);
   Fib_Target3 = ObjectGet("FiboT_Target3_Mark",1);
   Fib_Target_38 = ObjectGet("FiboT_Fib38Mark",1);
   Fib_Target_50 = ObjectGet("FiboT_Fib50Mark",1);
   Fib_Target_62 = ObjectGet("FiboT_Fib62Mark",1);
}

Hope that is what you were referring to...

Mike Tanton:

Hi Chris... ummm, getting the values of the Fib levels is quite easy once you have created them as Objects on your chart... I just use this function to store each of the values as Global variables to use elsewhere in my code.

Hope that is what you were referring to...

Yes, thank you
Reason: