Scale Fix One-to-One feature

Right click chart window > Properties > Common > Scale Fix One to One

I assumed this chart feature is new, possibly in the latest 1010 build of MT4.  I have always had issues when I leave my charts unattended, I come back and the market has made a huge move up or down, and the candles are partially off the screen.  I applied this new feature and was excited because I thought it would be a fix to keep the candles fixed in the center of the window.  I came back a few hours later and the candles had moved so much, the window was blank and I couldn't even drag/drop the candles back.  I had to turn off the feature to get them to snap back to the chart again.

So what really is the purpose of this new feature, and is there a fix to keep the candles on screen at all times, regardless how much the market moves?

(The reason my charts are unattended for so long is because I screen-record my MT4 when I sleep so I can watch and study price action later, as if it were in real time.) 

forbidinjustice: I assumed this chart feature is new, possibly in the latest 1010 build of MT4. So what really is the purpose of this new feature ...

No, that feature is not new! In fact it has been there for as far back as I can remember (when I started using MT4 in 2011)! In regards to what it is, when in doubt, read the documentation (and I quote):

Metatrader 4 Help -> Working with Charts -> Setup

Scale fix One to One — fix the chart scale as "one to one" (the size of one pip of the vertical axis in pixels is equal to the distance between the bars axes in pixels). At that, the "Scale fix" option will be enabled automatically, and a scroll bar will appear at the right side of the window that allows to move the chart vertically. This mode is necessary for precise constructions.

forbidinjustice: ... and is there a fix to keep the candles on screen at all times, regardless how much the market moves?

I have never had that problem before, as long as both "Scale-Fix" options are disabled and the "Auto-Scroll" is enabled. However, if you do have that problem, what you can do is have your EA monitor the Chart and Bar values and automatically set the Chart's Visual Scaling for you.

Reason: