MT4 is opening MQ5

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here and would like to ask for help as I'm new to the metatrader (but not for programming) I downloaded MT4 and when try to get MQ4 through the platform it is opening MQ5?

Could you advice please. Thanks in advance 

There is no such thing as MQ4 or MQ5 (unless you are referring to file extensions such as ".mq4" or ".mq5"). There is however MQL4 and MQL5 Languages and the Websites.

So please explain in detail and with screen shots what exactly are the steps you are taking and what you are trying to achieve.

Hi FMIC,

Sorry for the mistake I mean of course MQL4 and MQL5. Well I'm actually trying to get familiar with the Dev environment. 

Well I will try to explain the situation: when I open the MetaEditor from MT4 I get the same code than in MQL5 editor with the same functions OnInit(), OnDeInit and OnTick() instead of getting the function from MQL4 which they are init(), deinit() and start();

Is there anything I missed it in the installation ? 

bmhassene1: when I open the MetaEditor from MT4 I get the same code than in MQL5 editor with the same functions OnInit(), OnDeInit and OnTick() instead of getting the function from MQL4 which they are init(), deinit() and start();
Perhaps you should read the manual. Event Handling Functions - Functions - Language Basics - MQL4 Reference Since February 3, 2014 (Build 600)

WHRoeder:
bmhassene1: when I open the MetaEditor from MT4 I get the same code than in MQL5 editor with the same functions OnInit(), OnDeInit and OnTick() instead of getting the function from MQL4 which they are init(), deinit() and start();
Perhaps you should read the manual. Event Handling Functions - Functions - Language Basics - MQL4 Reference Since February 3, 2014 (Build 600)

ok thank you very much. My mistake! 

I would probably delete this post to let the feed with useful ones. Thanks again guys 

bmhassene1:Sorry for the mistake I mean of course MQL4 and MQL5. Well I'm actually trying to get familiar with the Dev environment. 

Well I will try to explain the situation: when I open the MetaEditor from MT4 I get the same code than in MQL5 editor with the same functions OnInit(), OnDeInit and OnTick() instead of getting the function from MQL4 which they are init(), deinit() and start().

That is correct! The Editor/Compiler for MQL4 and MQL5 are one and the same. MQL4 should use OnInit(), OnDeinit and OnTick(), just like in MQL5 and it has been that way for a long time. You should NOT use init(), deinit() and start() as those are OLD.

You should read the documentation, just as WHRoeder has suggested, in order to use the correct modern syntax.

Reason: