WHY IS THE MARKET FLAT IN AUGUST

Last month I traded the GBPJPY & USDJPY, it was soo volatile, I normally wait 10 minutes or less to take profit (20). But now the market is really flat it takes me 8- 10 hours just to pass  that same 20 pips mark. Every single pair is acting like this even the Exotic ones. What can be the problem? Thanks guys.

I wonder - Why do people (mostly in the northen hemishere), all go on vacation in August?

I wonder - Why do they do that???? Why is it SUMMER in August???

Why have the kids already finished their school year by the time its Summer and have their parents take them on vacation???

So, if everyone is on vacation, who is trading??? I guess only the few left behind with nowhere to go (me included)!!!!

FMIC:

I wonder - Why do people (mostly in the northen hemishere), all go on vacation in August?

I wonder - Why do they do that???? Why is it SUMMER in August???

Why have the kids already finished their school year by the time its Summer and have their parents take them on vacation???

So, if everyone is on vacation, who is trading??? I guess only the few left behind with nowhere to go (me included)!!!!

Lol! Thanks, I get it. Its Summer, but July is also Summer and it was very volatile.
Summer should be wrapping up about now.
Thanks though

king_david599:
Lol! Thanks, I get it. Its Summer, but July is also Summer and it was very volatile.
Summer should be wrapping up about now.
Thanks though
I don't know about North America, but in Europe it is customary for August to be the MAJOR month for summer vacation. Yes, some people go in June, July or even September, but for the most part, it is in August. Many companies even close completely during that month.

FMIC:
I don't know about North America, but in Europe it is customary for August to be the MAJOR month for summer vacation. Yes, some people go in June, July or even September, but for the most part, it is in August. Many companies even close completely during that month.

When do you think the Market would start to pick up again? Thank's.

king_david599:

When do you think the Market would start to pick up again? Thank's.
After August

king_david599: When do you think the Market would start to pick up again?
They do start to pick-up at the beginning of September, but depending on the currency pair and any Market events on the calendar, I usually only consider trading from mid-September on-wards (sometimes only in October).

FMIC:
They do start to pick-up at the beginning of September, but depending on the currency pair and any Market events on the calendar, I usually only consider trading from mid-September on-wards (sometimes only in October).

Thanks guys! Quick question though des anyone know where I could get a Correlation indicator? Tried FF, no avail.

king_david599:

Thanks guys! Quick question though des anyone know where I could get a Correlation indicator? Tried FF, no avail.
Personally I don't use any, but please don't double post. You have already opened a thread with that question!
Reason: