Does iCustom Stay Active?

I am calling an indicators values in an expert using iCustom. My question is, when I call the indicator using iCustom again, is the previous iCustom call still active, or is it like loading the indicator fresh again?

I want to essentially simulate dropping the indicator on a chart, and removing it each time I need a value. Is this the way iCustom works? And if not, can I close the iCustom call after I've gotten the data?

Hello, and thanks for responding. But I believe this is the opposite of what I'm looking for. I want to clear iCustom from memory after every call.

fjl3:

Hello, and thanks for responding. But I believe this is the opposite of what I'm looking for. I want to clear iCustom from memory after every call.

Mt4 doesn't provide this. You can get rid of them only of you delete the calling script, EA or indicator from the chart!

E.g. every time you call by iCustom() an indicator with a different parameter set (not the last two parameters!) a new indicator is launched, 'eating' pc's memory until you pc crashes!

gooly:

Mt4 doesn't provide this. You can get rid of them only of you delete the calling script, EA or indicator from the chart!

E.g. every time you call by iCustom() an indicator with a different parameter set (not the last two parameters!) a new indicator is launched, 'eating' pc's memory until you pc crashes!

Okay, thank you. That's what I was thinking. So I just wrote the indicator to set the buffer value on the 0 bar to refresh on every new bar. It seems to be working.
Reason: