Adding to hst data problem

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
MehZhure 2016.07.11 15:38

Alright....so here is the deal.  I have written some code to render tick charts, and it works great...as long as I never close the chart/shutdown mt4/have a power outage/computer crashes/etc....  The reason any of those scenarios is a problem is...the offline chart data is wiped clean, and the chart building starts all over.  Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is when you need a week of chart building to build up sufficient chart data to begin an analysis.

I have tried using FileOpen() to modify the hst file, and have not been able to gain access that way, except in the backtester, which I used to pre-render pseudo-chart data to append with live market data.  Seemed like it was working great at first.  The problem is, when trying to add the live market data via FileOpenHistory(), if I use FILE_SHARE_WRITE, it leaves the current data intact, but does not add new data.  If I use FILE_WRITE, the existing data is wiped.

I have looked over the forums, and have found no mention of this problem, and it is not addressed in the documentation anywhere.  The obvious question is...  How do I add chart data to previously existing chart data in the offline hst files, without losing any of the previously rendered data?
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register