New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 988: Hotfix

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
MetaQuotes 2016.07.04 22:41

New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 988: Hotfix

MetaTrader 4 platform update is to be released on Monday, July 4, 2016. This hotfix update build 988 follows the previous release. It fixes bulk deletion of graphical objects by prefix using the ObjectDeleteAll function. Previously, execution of this function resulted in a wrong drawing order of the remaining objects.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

jamescater 2016.07.04 23:25 #

Thank you for fixing this so quickly.

Paul_B 2016.07.05 11:59 #

Can these updates not be tested more thoroughly before release. I have over 25 instances of MT4 I need to update every time this happens!
szgy74 2016.07.05 18:14 #

Paul_B:
Can these updates not be tested more thoroughly before release. I have over 25 instances of MT4 I need to update every time this happens!

Less than 1-2 days of public beta test is a straight way to hotfixes like these.

They should hire professional testers or let more time for beta tests. There is no income from chat window so they should have not rush with this so much.

4evermaat 2016.07.11 06:47 #

szgy74:

Less than 1-2 days of public beta test is a straight way to hotfixes like these.

They should hire professional testers or let more time for beta tests. There is no income from chat window so they should have not rush with this so much.

MQ does not use proper bug tracking software and invite traders to track them.  The service desk is antiquated and is already a closed ticket system.  We have no idea what they are working on and the mql4 community cannot keep track of what bugs are confirmed, who else is having similar problems, what is being implemented, vote on feature suggestions, etc.

Unfortunate that MQ treats traders (and brokers) like this. 

Paul_B:

I recommend disabling automatic updates.  Roll out updates manually on a couple of terminals to confirm functions continue to work ok before doing a mass upgrade.  Besides, trying to upgrade 3+ terminals on a computer simultaneously doesn't work well anyway...even a Quad core or Octa-core computer it will not work well for the end user experience.

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register