New MetaTrader 4 build 985: Built-in MQL5.community Chat

Back to topics list  | 1 2 To post a new topic, please log in or register
4evermaat 2016.07.02 20:05 #

FMIC:

No! Please don't just jump to conclusions. You should learn to first read the documentation. Also, had you done a search on the forum, you would have found several threads on the matter, such as the following: https://forum.mql4.com/33046

I did not jump to conclusions.  I did read the documentation and I read your post.  It seems to be  still lost on me.

Although I read the middle of this article here that explained it a little better.

Gosh, why doesn't MQ have a closeAll or closeMultiple() function that allows 1 request to close multiple tickets simultaneously (all open orders, all pending, all open xxxYYY pair, all open magic #, etc) ?  Is it really that difficult to have?  I suppose the broker could always block it or limit it on their side (mostly the bucketshops), but the built-in function that facilitates this should be there.  It saves on computational resources all across the board.

jamescater 2016.07.02 22:59 #

FMIC:

I believe the Live Update comes directly from MetaQuotes and not from the broker, nor do I think it is an OS related thing. They just push an update based on the MetaTrader build.

As far as the, "wait a bit and retry" suggestion, it has always worked for me and I have never had any update being delayed more than 24hrs.

PS! Also make sure you are not using the "/skipupdate" option.

FMIC,

I can tell you don't believe me on this one.

All I can suggest is that you try to install on any VPS running Windows Server 2008. We have VPS in London and NY running MetaTrader 4 from several different Brokers. I can assure you they are all still at build 971 today.

So someone (either MetaTrader or the broker) decides that these different operating systems do not get updated at the same time as the more modern clients running Windows 10.

This is not a one off this happens with almost every patch that is released. There's usually a 3-4 week delay before the MetaTrader gets rolled out to Windows Server 2008.

And as I mentioned in my earlier post they also seem to delay the rollout to older hardware configurations too. But that's a lot harder for you to verify unless you happen to have a very old PC running Windows 10.

FMIC 2016.07.02 23:48 #

jamescater:

I can tell you don't believe me on this one.

All I can suggest is that you try to install on any VPS running Windows Server 2008. We have several VPS in London and NY running MetaTrader 4 from several different Brokers. I can assure you they are all still at build 971 today.

So someone (either MetaTrader or the broker) decides that these different operating systems do not get updated at the same time as the more modern clients running Windows 10.

This is not a one off this happens with almost every patch that is released. There's usually a 3-4 week delay before the MetaTrader gets rolled out to Windows Server 2008.

And as I mentioned in my earlier post they also seem to delay the rollout to older hardware configurations too. But that's a lot harder for you to verify unless you happen to have a very old PC running Windows 10.

It is not a question of believing you or not. I simply stated my opinion based on my own experience. Obviously you had a different experience and that is why you are here trying to find a solution.

So, as a form of describing what my current situation is with regards to the most recent update, I have the following setups and all of them have updated to build 985 without any problems:

• VPS (at Vultr) with Windows 2008 R2 Server (64 bit)
  • VPS (at Vultr) with Windows 2012 Server (64 bit)
  • Desktop PC (2007 hardware) with Windows 2008 R2 Server (64 bit)
  • Notebook PC (2011 hardware) with Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit)
  • 10" Tablet (2014 hardware) with Windows 8.1 Home (32 bit)
  • Desktop AIO PC (2015 hardware) with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

PS! The brokers for my current setups (some as Live, some as Demo) are: Roboforex, Pepperstone, GBEbrokers.

jamescater 2016.07.03 03:35 #

FMIC:

It is not a question of believing you or not. I simply stated my opinion based on my own experience. Obviously you had a different experience and that is why you are here trying to find a solution.

So, as a form of describing what my current situation is with regards to the most recent update, I have the following setups and all of them have updated to build 985 without any problems:

• VPS (at Vultr) with Windows 2008 R2 Server (64 bit)
  • VPS (at Vultr) with Windows 2012 Server (64 bit)
  • Desktop PC (2007 hardware) with Windows 2008 R2 Server (64 bit)
  • Notebook PC (2011 hardware) with Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit)
  • 10" Tablet (2014 hardware) with Windows 8.1 Home (32 bit)
  • Desktop AIO PC (2015 hardware) with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

PS! The brokers for my current setups (some as Live, some as Demo) are: Roboforex, Pepperstone, GBEbrokers.

Ok, I will ask the service desk for some assistance

jamescater 2016.07.04 16:37 #

Rectangle redraw regression :

I am seeing a new regression issue with build 985. Rectangle objects which are updated seem to change their redraw (z-order) with relation to other objects like lines and text.

The end result is text and lines that were previously on top are now draw at the back and therefore concealed by the rectangles. 

There is a workaround, by forcing the rectangles to the back. But this was not necessary in previous builds and the draw order was retained when objects were updated.

Also this workaround doesn't work for overlapping rectangles which can now show a flickering effect when they are updated (as the z order changes with each redraw).

I will try to create a test application that demonstrates this issue and send it to the service desk

ANDII 2016.07.04 18:03 #

As of now, it works fine in Windows 8.1 latest update.

Windows is installed on Parallels.

jamescater 2016.07.04 23:27 #

jamescater:

Rectangle redraw regression :

I am seeing a new regression issue with build 985. Rectangle objects which are updated seem to change their redraw (z-order) with relation to other objects like lines and text.

The end result is text and lines that were previously on top are now draw at the back and therefore concealed by the rectangles. 

There is a workaround, by forcing the rectangles to the back. But this was not necessary in previous builds and the draw order was retained when objects were updated.

Also this workaround doesn't work for overlapping rectangles which can now show a flickering effect when they are updated (as the z order changes with each redraw).

I will try to create a test application that demonstrates this issue and send it to the service desk

I can confirm that this issue is resolved in hotfix build 988

Hats off to MetaTrader team for turning this one around so quickly (I didn't even send them my test case)

tempasdf 2016.07.05 03:45 #

FMIC:
From the way the worded the description, I think that the option is only accessible via MQL4 code and not from the user interface.

Thank you  

4evermaat 2016.07.11 06:56 #

Brokers have some degree of control over when new builds are released to their clients.  They cannot control ability to use 'old versions' of mt4 though. 

If you can get at least one of your brokers to update to latest build, then you copy the terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe files to other terminals install folder (make sure they are shut down first).

Also, use the metaquotes server as the broker....they have the latest build there first .  Just open demo account with MetaQuotes broker.  But they also release beta builds here. So check the build # available in terminal journal log.

Best to download mt4 and install fresh from MQ broker http://www.metatrader4.com/en/download   That gives you one copy of latest stable build.  Betas must be installed via live update. 

Again, then just copy the terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe files to other terminal install folders that need updating. 

Back to topics list   | 1 2  

To add comments, please log in or register