Stochastic Momentum Indicator - MT4

Hi guys

Small problem.... While all other indicators update accordingly on MT4, the SMI indicator doesnt. I have to switch timeframes and swtich back again to get the smi u to date. Anyone else has this?  

beardyman73:

Hi guys

Small problem.... While all other indicators update accordingly on MT4, the SMI indicator doesnt. I have to switch timeframes and swtich back again to get the smi u to date. Anyone else has this?  

Your indicator need to be fixed. Check the Experts tab for any error message.

Thankyou for such a quick response

The indicator is from the team at metatrader (metaquotes software) and the experts tab shows the smi as having initialised properly and loaded properly. 

thanks again. 

beardyman73:

The indicator is from the team at metatrader (metaquotes software) and the experts tab shows the smi as having initialised properly and loaded properly. 

thanks again. 

SMI indicator is not a standard indicator from Metaquotes.

angevoyageur:

thanks again. 

Check the imageSMI

beardyman73:
Check the image

No, I don't think it is a MetaQuotes indicator (at least, I don't have it in my installations). Whomever, coded it just used the default text when creating it.

Also, did you not notice the copyright year, namely 2005? Had it been a MetaQuotes indicator, it would have been updated with recent builds and the copyright year would have been updated too.

beardyman73:

thanks again. 

Are you thinking I am losing my time to answer you with wrong advice ?

Anyway, if you want someone to help you, post the code here (mql4), maybe someone will be able to fix it.

Don't paste code
Play video
Please edit your post.
For large amounts of code, attach it.
Reason: