Web Request

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
trading009 2016.06.15 21:58

Hey dears !!

Is it possible for an EA to call indicator from a server or getting indicator value from server using webrequest function of mql4 or something like that is possible . &&

What is the main purpose of Webrequest Function i mean that can anyone give some brief description for this FN .

Thanks .

gooly 2016.06.15 23:16 #

trading009:

Hey dears !!

2) Is it possible for an EA to call indicator from a server or getting indicator value from server using webrequest function of mql4 or something like that is possible . &&

1) What is the main purpose of Webrequest Function i mean that can anyone give some brief description for this FN .

Thanks .

1) You can download a page from the internet and parse it (you code).

2) Sure you can load values from the internet.

trading009 2016.06.16 00:54 #

gooly:

1) You can download a page from the internet and parse it (you code).

2) Sure you can load values from the internet.

Thanks for replying !! :)

But can u please give me example for the syntax for loading value of any indicator from server or any other link where it is already given.

i really appreciate your help ..

FMIC 2016.06.16 01:04 #

trading009:

Thanks for replying !! :)

But can u please give me example for the syntax for loading value of any indicator from server or any other link where it is already given.

i really appreciate your help ..

Ever consider reading the documentation? It has code examples ... https://docs.mql4.com/common/webrequest

However, you will probably also need to learn about the HTTP protocol, and maybe also HTML, XML, SOAP, JSON, REST, etc. depending on what web-service you intend to use.

trading009 2016.06.16 01:11 #

FMIC:

Ever consider reading the documentation? It has code examples ... https://docs.mql4.com/common/webrequest

However, you will probably also need to learn about the HTTP protocol, and maybe also HTML, XML, SOAP, JSON, REST, etc. depending on what web-service you intend to use.

Thanks for the response !!

it is a good example given for getting information from webpage as it returns strings by mql4 but i was talking about indicator.

For e.g :-

If a indicator is stored in a server and i try to use  an EA which uses that indicator for calculation and placing trade so how would i call that indicator for value .

If a indicator is stored in systems MQL4 folder than we use iCustom for calling it  but when it is placed in a server than what. I am a little bit confused.

If i am wrong than can u please correct me .

FMIC 2016.06.16 01:42 #

What do you mean by "indicator is stored in a server"? It seems you are not referring to a finacial web-service with special financial information!

Maybe you are referring to using a VPS service or to run on a Server 24/7. In that case, you just run a normal and complete MetaTrader instalation on that Server or VPS, just as you would run a local installation. It is just a PC where you connect to it remotely as if you were working locally.

Please explain in detail!

trading009 2016.06.16 08:54 #

FMIC:

What do you mean by "indicator is stored in a server"? It seems you are not referring to a finacial web-service with special financial information!

Maybe you are referring to using a VPS service or to run on a Server 24/7. In that case, you just run a normal and complete MetaTrader instalation on that Server or VPS, just as you would run a local installation. It is just a PC where you connect to it remotely as if you were working locally.

Please explain in detail!

Thanks for asking me !!

I mean that if there is a robot EA which uses a specific custom indicator . I run that EA on my personal computer but that specific custom indicator is not present in my computer but it is present on a server .

So the EA can call that indicator which is present on server using webrequest.

In simple Can we call indicator values which not in our machine but on a server using webrequest.

FMIC 2016.06.16 10:41 #

trading009:

Thanks for asking me !!

I mean that if there is a robot EA which uses a specific custom indicator . I run that EA on my personal computer but that specific custom indicator is not present in my computer but it is present on a server .

So the EA can call that indicator which is present on server using webrequest.

In simple Can we call indicator values which not in our machine but on a server using webrequest.

What do you mean by "Custom Indicator" on a "Server". Please be more specific! We cannot read your mind!

What "server" is this? Do you mean a "3rd party web-service" or is it a "Linux Server doing number crunching" or is it a "Windows Server or VPS also running MetaTrader" - WHAT????

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register