Check your rules before order

Lot of times when I place the trade, I forget about my own rules. For example  to check whether news event is coming. 
Is it possible to code a script when I press the New Order button, that some sort of pop up window would come up first, where I would have few questions to check which I could set upfront and then proceed to order window ?

e3pk:
Lot of times when I place the trade, I forget about my own rules. For example  to check whether news event is coming. 
Is it possible to code a script when I press the New Order button, that some sort of pop up window would come up first, where I would have few questions to check which I could set upfront and then proceed to order window ?

It's technically possible, but very difficult as you need to "hack" MT4 with WinAPI.

An easier solution is to use an EA which will draw a custom button (or more) and do what you want. Though if you forgot to use this custom button instead of the MT4 "New order" button, it will not help

angevoyageur:

It's technically possible, but very difficult as you need to "hack" MT4 with WinAPI.

An easier solution is to use an EA which will draw a custom button (or more) and do what you want. Though if you forgot to use this custom button instead of the MT4 "New order" button, it will not help

He he, yeah, custom  button would work I guess , good idea, except as you said, one would have to use it. 

It is called discipline! That is why only a small percentage of traders actually make money and the rest of the herd loose money.

I good trader, takes this seriously and looks at it as a business. When manually trading, always have a trading plan on hand and makes sure to follow the checklist.

FMIC:

It is called discipline! That is why only a small percentage of traders actually make money and the rest of the herd loose money.

I good trader, takes this seriously and looks at it as a business. When manually trading, always have a trading plan on hand and makes sure to follow the checklist.

Exactly what  I was thinking, a discipline button. 
We on the right path here. 
Brainstorming 

What about a script that you start after you have entered a position and one of the input parameter is the text you want to remember, then it writes this text and may be the some more information of your position (prices ...) on the screen and makes a snapshot of the chart under a meaningful name.

gooly:

What about a script that you start after you have entered a position and one of the input parameter is the text you want to remember, then it writes this text and may be the some more information of your position (prices ...) on the screen and makes a snapshot of the chart under a meaningful name.

Sounds cool,  something to think about, I think for what I wanted the first reply seems like good solution, but I like your idea of snapshot and info   and of course the meaningfull name :). 
Reason: