This code gives different results on 1 minute and 1 hour chart

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
N1EYR 2016.06.07 13:42

Hello, can anyone help me with this code.  It should (if I have coded it correctly) give the same result on both a 1 minute and a 1 hour chart but it is giving a different result and printing the lines in different places on each?

// This finds the start of a new bar using volume
                           bool OpenBar1Min = true;
                           if(iVolume(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0)>1) OpenBar1Min=false;

if (OpenBar1Min) {
                           PlaySound("news.wav");
                                // 1 Minute extreme signals High Candle Wicks

int    i1MinHigh = 5;

while(R1H1Min == 0 && i1MinHigh+1 < Bars)
                                      {
                                       if (iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinHigh) > iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinHigh+1) && iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinHigh) > iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinHigh-1)
                                           && High[iHighest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,2,i1MinHigh,0)] > iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0) && High[iHighest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,2,i1MinHigh-1,0)] < iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinHigh))
                                       {
                                       R1H1Min = iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinHigh); //New high point found
                                       double J1Min = Open[iHighest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,MODE_HIGH,2,i1MinHigh-1)];  
                                       double K1Min = Close[iHighest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,MODE_HIGH,2,i1MinHigh-1)]; 
                                       R1L1Min2 = MathMax(J1Min,K1Min);                                   //High point of zone = high of J, K and L
                                       }
                                       i1MinHigh++;                                                          //Keep going back until high found i bars back
                                     }
                                       Min1SellStopLevel = R1H1Min;
                                       if (Bid >= R1L1Min2) PlaySound("Cable1MinSell.wav");
                                       ObjectSet("TempHigh", OBJ_HLINE, R1H1Min);
                                       ObjectSet("TempLow", OBJ_HLINE, R1L1Min2);  // This is the Bottom of the Sell Zone

// i Minute extreme signals Low Candle Wicks
                                int    i1MinLow = 5;

while(T1H1Min == 0 && i1MinLow+1 < Bars)
                                      {
                                       if (iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinLow) < iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinLow+1) && iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinLow) < iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinLow-1)
                                           && Low[iLowest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,2,i1MinLow,0)] < iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0) && Low[iLowest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,2,i1MinLow-1,0)] > iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinLow))
                                       {
                                       T1H1Min = iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinLow); //New Low point found
                                       double L1Min = Open[iLowest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,MODE_LOW,2,i1MinLow-1)]; 
                                       double M1Min = Close[iLowest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,MODE_LOW,2,i1MinLow-1)]; 
                                       T1L1Min2 = MathMin(L1Min,M1Min);                                   //High point of zone = high of J, K and L
                                       }
                                       i1MinLow++;                                                          //Keep going back until high found i bars back
                                     }
                                       Min1BuyStopLevel = T1H1Min;
                                       if (Bid <= T1L1Min2) PlaySound("Cable1MinBuy.wav");
                                       ObjectSet("TempLowLow", OBJ_HLINE, T1H1Min);
                                       ObjectSet("TempLowHigh", OBJ_HLINE, T1L1Min2);       //This is the Top of the Buy Zone

}

WHRoeder 2016.06.07 14:56 #

1. Don't paste code
    Play video
    Please edit your post.
    For large amounts of code, attach it.

2. if(iVolume(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0)>1)
    Bars is unreliable (a refresh/reconnect can change number of bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time. New candle - MQL4 forum
  3. N1EYR:   It should (if I have coded it correctly) give the same result on both a 1 minute and a 1 hour chart but it is giving a different result a
    && Low[iLowest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,2,i1MinLow,0)] < iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0) && Low[iLowest(NULL,PERIOD_M1,2,i1MinLow-1,0)] > iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,i1MinLow))
    Of course it does. The Low[x] on the H1 will different than the Low[x] on the M1 chart for the same x.  You are mixing apples and oranges
N1EYR 2016.06.07 20:29 #

Thanks WHRoeder, I see the error.  I thought it was with the Shift working on the different time frames and was messing about with iBarShift and getting nowhere
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register