OrderSend

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
pankajalakal123 2016.05.31 08:06

Hi,

I'm new to MQL4 and I'm using bellow code to send a test order to via demo account. But unfortunately order isn't getting executed to the market. Is anyone possible to assist me with this?

//input int      StopLoss=10;

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| Script program start function                                    |

extern int TakeProfit=10;

extern int StopLoss =10;

void OnStart()

{

double TakeProfitLevel;

double StopLossLevel;

TakeProfitLevel = Bid + TakeProfit*Point;

StopLossLevel=Bid - StopLoss*Point;

//Alert ("Take Profit Level = ", TakeProfitLevel);

//Alert ("Stop Loss Level =", StopLossLevel);

//int OrderSend (string "EURUSD", int OP_BUY, double 1.0, double Ask, int 10, double StopLossLevel,double TakeProfitLevel, string comment=NULL, int magic=0, datetime expiration=0, color arrow_color=CLR_NONE);

//OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,StopLossLevel,TakeProfitLevel,"My order",16384,0,clrGreen);

OrderSend("GBPUSD", OP_BUY, 1.0, Ask, 100, StopLossLevel, TakeProfitLevel,"My 1st Order!" );

}

cashcube 2016.05.31 08:37 #

Please post this code in SRC section. & remove the unnecessary codes which you marked with "//"

When you code make the program look clear, its good for your coding & others to understand.

Among your program following is the active ordersend line.

OrderSend("GBPUSD", OP_BUY, 1.0, Ask, 100, StopLossLevel, TakeProfitLevel,"My 1st Order!" );

You said order is not sending in the market, What errors it shows? Probably slippage problem, trading condition not meet.

pipokito 2016.05.31 09:27 #

Hi to everybody, I'm also new in the coding language of MQL4. I'm going to benefit from this post to share my problem as it is similar to pankajalakal123.

When I backtest my program not a single order is placed. Although my program start (in the OnInit phase) with an instruction to buy long and short at ask price and bid price, then send another 4 orders to be executed if ask price moves from 10 PIP up or down.

Could someone explain me where I'm wrong in the wrtiting of the code? 

Thanks a lot 

double aski;
double bidi;

//| Expert initialization function                                   |
int OnInit()
  {
//---
   aski=Ask;
   bidi=Bid;
   OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,aski,2,aski-10*Point,aski+10*Point,"Ordre Achat",666,0,Green);
   OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,1,bidi,2,bidi+10*Point,bidi-10*Point,"Ordre Vente",666,0,Red);

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,1,aski+10*Point,2,aski,aski+20*Point,"Ordre Achat",666,0,Green);
   OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT,1,Bid+10*Point,2,Bid+20*Point,Bid,"Ordre Vente",666,0,Red);
   OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,1,aski-10*Point,2,aski-20*Point,aski,"Ordre Achat",666,0,Green);
   OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,1,bidi-10*Point,2,bidi,bidi-20*Point,"Ordre Vente",666,0,Red);

//---

WHRoeder 2016.05.31 14:35 #

pipokito Could someone explain me where I'm wrong in the wrtiting of the code?
  1. Check your return codes and find out why. What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 forum and Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them - MQL4 Articles
  2. Your stops are 2 pips away from the open price. The must be at least MarketInfo(_Symbol, MODE_STOPLEVEL) * point away from the close price.
  3. Humans can't watch the screen 24/7 so they use pending orders; EA's can, so no need for pending orders, have it wait until the market reaches the trigger price and open an order.
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register