Help me with iCustom function - page 2

ceaser234:
I have changed the name of the indicator but the same problem persist. It is giving me the same EMPTY_VALUE.I have also test it on different terminals , charts and period but the same EMPTY_VALUE is obtained all the time.
it work I tested it !

ffoorr: There is a problem with the name of the indicator, it seem MT4 replace the empty space with some letter
ceaser234: I have changed the name of the indicator but the same problem persist. It is giving me the same EMPTY_VALUE.
  1. This forum changed the name not MT4. The name in the iCustom (without the extension) must match the name of the ex4 file on your machine. Don't use underscores if the file uses spaces.
  2. ffoorr suggested buffer 6 (slope) but your post showed buffer zero (max)
  3. The indicator also imports libSSA.dll. You did put that in the MQL4/Libraries folder?

WHRoeder:
  1. This forum changed the name not MT4. The name in the iCustom (without the extension) must match the name of the ex4 file on your machine. Don't use underscores if the file uses spaces.
  2. ffoorr suggested buffer 6 (slope) but your post showed buffer zero (max)
  3. The indicator also imports libSSA.dll. You did put that in the MQL4/Libraries folder?

Hey WHRoeder!

Here is the code which i am using to access indicator value.Using buffer 6 and access value on candle 1.

double ssa = iCustom(NULL,0,"Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed 2 nmc__1","Current time frame",PRICE_CLOSE,25,2,25,300,400,0.005,6,1);                                               

And I have already put libSSA.dll in the /mt4 libraries.

ffoorr:
it work I tested it !
Can u show me the code which u used.

change the name of your indicator, in the folder "indicator" so that it is this name, maybe it's useless, but we don't see everything on your side

"Corridor_SSA_normalized_end-pointed_2_nmc_1"

Delete the old ex4 and compile to have the new one

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnTick()
  {
//---
   double buffer_six_2 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Corridor_SSA_normalized_end-pointed_2_nmc_1","Current time frame",PRICE_CLOSE,25,2,25,300,400,0.005,6,2);
   double buffer_six_1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Corridor_SSA_normalized_end-pointed_2_nmc_1","Current time frame",PRICE_CLOSE,25,2,25,300,400,0.005,6,1);

if( buffer_six_2 >0 &&  buffer_six_1 <0 ) arrow(0);
if( buffer_six_2 <0 &&  buffer_six_1 >0 ) arrow(1);

}

ffoorr:

change the name of your indicator, in the folder "indicator" so that it is this name, maybe it's useless, but we don't see everything on your side

"Corridor_SSA_normalized_end-pointed_2_nmc_1"

Delete the old ex4 and compile to have the new one

Thanks for sending code but it did not work.

I have changed the indicator name to :-  "NORMALIZED_SSA"

I am using the following code to get value:

#property copyright "Copyright 2016, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.00"
#property strict
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
  {
Alert("value of buffer six 1 =",buffer_six_1);
Alert("value of buffer six 2 =",buffer_six_2);
Alert(GetLastError());

}

double buffer_six_2 = iCustom(NULL,0,"NORMALIZED_SSA","Current time frame",PRICE_CLOSE,25,2,25,300,400,0.005,6,2);
   double buffer_six_1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"NORMALIZED_SSA","Current time frame",PRICE_CLOSE,25,2,25,300,400,0.005,6,1);                                

and this the pic of Alert i get:

I cannot understand what is the problem.

What is it about? Can you show us this indicator working on a chart. I just doesn't draw anything, so how do you expect any value from iCustom() ?

"Okno danych" - means Data window, Suggested opening it in previous post. On the left you see every buffer output value as you move your mouse on the chart.  -as you see all are empty -meaning it doesn't fill any buffers -meaning EMPTY_VALUE -meaning 99% chance the indicator doesn't work (1% for my platform..).

Janek6191:

What is it about? Can you show us this indicator working on a chart. I just doesn't draw anything, so how do you expect any value from iCustom() ?

"Okno danych" - means Data window, Suggested opening it in previous post. On the left you see every buffer output value as you move your mouse on the chart.  -as you see all are empty -meaning it doesn't fill any buffers -meaning EMPTY_VALUE -meaning 99% chance the indicator doesn't work (1% for my platform..).

The line is not drawing because you are not having libSSA.dll file in your MT4 library .

Well my problem is solved.Thanks to all for there help.

Someting is wrong on your side, here is what I get :

Look at the "journal" in the tester, does it give any error ?

ceaser234:

The line is not drawing because you are not having libSSA.dll file in your MT4 library .

Well my problem is solved.Thanks to all for there help.

OK nice to read
Reason: