Showing indicator value in the axis bar

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
niquedegraaff 2016.05.12 01:12

Simple question here regarding the ATR indicator: I feel a little handicapped this way. I want to see the exact value.. not just guessing.

I do not want to grab the cross all the time to check. It will take to much time and makes me entering a trade to late.
I need that value because i base my stop-loss / target price ranges on this indicator. I know I could code in a horizontal line with the current value but it then I don't want the line, just the price. When i make the line black, the price label also gets black and unreadable. 

Is there a special setting to allow indicator buffers to draw their value on the right axis?  

GumRai 2016.05.12 01:43 #

Isn't the current value displayed in the top left corner of the indicator window?
FMIC 2016.05.12 09:06 #

The latest value is usually displayed at the top-left of the indicator window (just as GumRai stated) but it is also available on the "Data Window", which also allows you to see the exact value for other bars on which you place your mouse cursor.

I have attached a screen shot which includes both the Built-In "Average True Range" Indicator which only shows 4 digits, as well as the Example (from MetaQuotes) "ATR" Indicator which shows 5 digits.

ATR

niquedegraaff 2016.05.12 20:24 #

Yes, i see, thank you but its inconvenient to have to look at the other side of the screen.. or looking in a data table. Just like missing shortkeys for drawing tools... This platform needs a new software designer ;P 
FMIC 2016.05.12 23:43 #

niquedegraaff:
Yes, i see, thank you but its inconvenient to have to look at the other side of the screen.. or looking in a data table. Just like missing shortkeys for drawing tools... This platform needs a new software designer ;P 

Well, if its inconvenient, then just place the mouse over the a particular point in the ATR graph and a tool-tip popup window tells you the value at that point. You don't even need to call the cross-hairs to this, not even on the main window for OHLC values.

I really don't see what you are complaining about.

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register