multi-currency

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
m_shafiei2006 2016.05.11 18:21

Hi

can anyone help me what changes i have to make in an EA to make it works on, let's say 5 or more currency pairs simultaneously.

I want to choose the symbols with extern. I guess i have to set a magic for each one !!

thanks

WHRoeder 2016.05.11 21:00 #

1. Do not trade multiple currencies in one EA
    • You can't use any predefined variables, can't use the tester, must poll (not OnTick,) and usually other problems.
    • Code it to trade the chart pair only. Look at the others if you must.
    • Then put it on other charts to trade the other pairs. Done.
  2. No need for an extern
  3. No need for multiple magic numbers. Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 forum
m_shafiei2006 2016.05.12 06:28 #

what I have found from you is to make separate EA for each chart pair but orders of a same EA must have unique magic number and symbol and different from other EAs,

and also it is necessary to check  magic number and symbol in every EA.

Am I right ?

another question,
would it be any problem if I use several different EA on several same chart pair with different magic number ? what about symbols ?

Tecuciztecatl 2016.05.12 11:02 #

You can trade multiple currencies in one EA, but that requires some knowledge.
For example, you can see the source code of some indicators of the synthetic currencies: Recycle and Recycle2.

Here is EA + Indicator: Portfolio Modeller.

WHRoeder 2016.05.12 19:11 #

m_shafiei2006:

what I have found from you is to make separate EA for each chart pair

but orders of a same EA must have unique magic number and symbol and different from other EAs,

and also it is necessary to check  magic number and symbol in every EA.

would it be any problem if I use several different EA on several same chart pair with different magic number ? what about symbols ?
  1. I said, you make one EA and put it on separate charts.
  2. I said, one MN (different from other EA) if it also filters by symbol.
  3. Of course you check MN, or they battle each other. I said unique MN or filter by symbol also. Did you bother to read and understand the link I posted in #3?
  4. In the US, FIFO is the law. Same pair means means the SL/TP will be the same for all orders.

m_shafiei2006 2016.05.12 21:55 #

OK.

I completely understand.

thanks

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register