Help! Candlestick Bar settings

Hi Guys!

I am on MT4 and have about charts for 20 currency pairs. How do i set every chart's candlesticks to have similar length in terms of pip value? What i meant is that on some charts per grid is about 50 pips while on others per grid is about 100 pips. How do i set them to be the same on all charts?

Thank you!! Much appreciated!

Do you mean the visual scaling of the charts or do you mean the actual Average Range in Pips of the Bars?

• If you mean the scaling, then call up the Common Chart Properties (F8 -> Common) and adjust the "Scale" parameters.
  • If you mean the Average Range of bars, then you cannot do that if you wish to maintain the same linear time references on the charts.

Every currency pair or other symbol have different Average True Range at different periods in time. That is just how markets are and you cannot change that!

However, if you wish to ignore linear time and have that data represented by a constant range, irrespective of the flow of time, then you can use a different chart representation called "Constant Range Bars". In MetaTrader, this type of Chart is achieve in the form of "Offline Charts", that are generated by useing 3rd party tools in the form of either an Indicator or an EA. Here on the site, in the "Code Base" there are some free versions of EA's and Indicators that do that but they are not of great quality. If you search the Internet, you can find good quality commercial versions.

The grid is nothing more than fixed pixels it is meaningless in price and in time.

You could use a fixed scale with it but you probably won't like that.

Turn if off. Add a indicator to place levels such as 'Horizontal Grid Lines on Chart' indicator by 'MOOSE1' for MetaTrader 4 in the MQL5 Code Base or 'Setka (grid)' indicator by 'Prival' for MetaTrader 5 in the MQL5 Code Base

Reason: