mt4 back testing on tick, opens new chart and just sits there.. any idea why it wont work? also I bought a copy trade on mql5 i have mt4.. im not receiving any signals HELP please

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
beyonder 2016.04.29 02:32

When i log into mql5 site, i can see my subscription and when i look at history i see i missed a trade and no trade shows on my account any idea how i can cancel the subscription cause it doesnt work or 2. fix it? or 3 why im not getting any signals copied??

and any help with back testing would be greatly appreciated.

my settings are as follows.

macd sample

i looked at the journal and it says

test generator unmatched data error  

please help do i need to download history? also if so,  my client has been open the whole time is it not downloading tick data the whole time?

WHRoeder 2016.04.29 21:39 #

You can't back test subscriptions.
FMIC 2016.04.30 00:36 #

WHRoeder:
You can't back test subscriptions.

@WHRoeder: He is not requesting back-testing a subscription. He stated that he wanted help back-testing the "MACD Sample".

@beyonder: Read through the applications help file: MetaTrader 4 -> Help -> Help Topics (F1) -> Client Terminal -> Auto Trading -> Strategy Tester

>> "test generator unmatched data error"

Means that there are differences between data from different time-frames.

>> whole time is it not downloading tick data the whole time

It won't build a database of tick data. It will only build history data based on bars of different time-frames but only for the charts that are open. So if you want to store long term data, you will have to do one of the following:

• either have all charts open for every time-frame M1, M5, M15 , M30, H1, H4, D1, WK1, MN1 for a very long time in order to collect the necessary data.
  • alternatively, download the data via the "History Center (F2)"
  • or use 3rd Party tools with external tick data to build true tick data files (FXT) for the strategy tester.

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register