MT4 platform working slowly

Hi

I don't know, if this has already been asked here, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

My Metatrader4 platform lags big time and I don't know, what to do with it. I tried to google it, but the solutions I found didn't work in my case.

I can't see the data in real time, as it refreshes only every few (10-20) seconds and it really ruins my trading strategy, that is based on quick response.

I only have one tab (one market) opened and I don't use too much indicators (only 3). Also I have quite powerful computer and Metatrader doesn't drain my CPU, so weak PC or too many tabs opened on platform shouldn't be the problem. I also already tried to lower max columns both in graphs and in history to 1000 in the charts settings and I also tried deleting log files.

Did anybody else have this problem and solved it? I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Bring up your Task Manager and monitor the Performance graphs and resource usage.

Also, what is your network speed and what kind of internet connection do you have?

djirka:..

I only have one tab (one market) opened and I don't use too much indicators (only 3). Also I have quite powerful computer and Metatrader doesn't drain my CPU, so weak PC or too many tabs opened on platform shouldn't be the problem. I also already tried to lower max columns both in graphs and in history to 1000 in the charts settings and I also tried deleting log files.

If you remove the 3 indicators, the problem is still the same ?

FMIC: Performance is not a problem, only about 10% of CPU is used. Also I have a good internet connection. If I open my brokers app (IQ Option), I can have as many markets and indicators, as I want and still everything goes smoothly.

Angevoyageur: I tried it and it seemed that it was a little bit better, but still laggy. So it might be fault of my indicators, but not only and not mainly. Also I need thoe indicators :D

Thank you for answers

In the editor you have a profiler (Debug =>  Start Profiling) - what about using it?

gooly: could you be more specific please?

djirka:

FMIC: Performance is not a problem, only about 10% of CPU is used. Also I have a good internet connection. If I open my brokers app (IQ Option), I can have as many markets and indicators, as I want and still everything goes smoothly.

Angevoyageur: I tried it and it seemed that it was a little bit better, but still laggy. So it might be fault of my indicators, but not only and not mainly. Also I need thoe indicators :D

Thank you for answers

You could try with an other broker (demo account).

djirka:
gooly: could you be more specific please?

??

Like open editor, load the mq4 file, than look in the menu bar for "Debug", click on it, search for "Start profiling", click on it ....?

Read the "Documentation" (s.a.) about the usage of the profiler!

djirka:

Thank you for answers

10% seems a bit high! On my own PC I have several applications running, including Adobe stuff which can be quite heavy, and I am only using 2-4%.

See in the Task Manager if that 10% is mostly on the "metatrader.exe" or if it is on other applications.

Also, make sure you are not using P2P download software on your machine, such as BitTorrent and other such things. It is not ideal to have those working the same time you are Trading.

gooly:

??

Like open editor, load the mq4 file, than look in the menu bar for "Debug", click on it, search for "Start profiling", click on it ....?

Read the "Documentation" (s.a.) about the usage of the profiler!

@gooly: I don't think this user is a coder and probably is just a beginner trader and has no idea about code profiling. His indicators, that he needs, are probably also just ".ex4" without any source code.

FMIC:
@gooly: I don't think this user is a coder and probably is just a beginner trader and has no idea about code profiling. His indicators, that he needs, are probably also just ".ex4" without any source code.

exactly :(

FMIC:

10% seems a bit high! On my own PC I have several applications running, including Adobe stuff which can be quite heavy, and I am only using 2-4%.

See in the Task Manager if that 10% is mostly on the "metatrader.exe" or if it is on other applications.

Also, make sure you are not using P2P download software on your machine, such as BitTorrent and other such things. It is not ideal to have those working the same time you are Trading.

metatrader uses about 1-2% of my CPU. the rest is internet browser, messenger and so on..., I currently use about 6-7% of my CPU and metatrader just looks frozen right now :( i don't use any P2P apps

Reason: