MODE_TICKVALUE

Hello I have a question,

I wanted to caculate the risk with a given StopLoss.

I use for it MODE_TICKVAUE. The problem is, that for some symols e.g. DE30, EURUSD, USDJPY, BUND10Y the tickvalue is given in € and for some symbols the tickvalue is given in $ e.g. GOLDs, OILs, OIL.WTI, COFFEE.

MODE_POINT and MODE_TICKSIZE have always the same value.

My question:

How can I see in the program if my tickvalue for a symbol is given in $ or in €?

My account is in € at xtb.

Thank you for help!

FS

Faltensack:

I use for it MODE_TICKVAUE. The problem is, that for some symols e.g. DE30, EURUSD, USDJPY, BUND10Y the tickvalue is given in € and for some symbols the tickvalue is given in $ e.g. GOLDs, OILs, OIL.WTI, COFFEE.

MODE_POINT and MODE_TICKSIZE have always the same value.

1. TickValue should always be in the account currency. Complain to you broker if they have missed configured their settings.
  2. Point and TicKSize should not be the same on metals (they have missed configured their settings unless you can open with price multiple of Point.)

There is Tick, PIP, and Point. They are all different in general. A tick is the smallest change of price. A Point is the least significant digit quoted. In currencies a pip is defined as 0.0001 (or for JPY 0.01)

On a 4 digit broker a point (0.0001) = pip (0.0001). [JPY 0.01 == 0.01] On a 5 digit broker a point (0.00001) = 1/10 pip (0.00010/10). Just because you quote an extra digit doesn't change the value of a pip. (0.0001 == 0.00010) EA's must adjust pips to points (for mq4.) In currencies a tick is a point. Price can change by least significant digit (1.23456 -> 1.23457)

In metals a Tick is still the smallest change but is larger than a point. If price can change from 123.25 to 123.50, you have a TickSize of 0.25 and a point of 0.01. Pip has no meaning.

This is why you don't use TickValue by itself. Only as a ratio with TickSize. See DeltaValuePerLot()

Reason: