E A

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
newbgeek 2016.03.30 16:06

Hello, all,

I need if U can give or help me to make it,

1st best to talk if U’re French, so call me at 33 (0)4 68 63 94 03

Regards,

WHRoeder 2016.03.30 19:55 #

You have only three choices: Search for it, learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.
newbgeek 2016.03.31 11:05 #

WHRoeder:
You have only three choices: Search for it, learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

Hello,

thank you very much for your advise, working (dreaming) to learn mql4 !

coralsands28 2016.04.04 21:47 #

Hello coders, 

I am trying to build an EA using a web-based EA builder service (since I don't know how to code).  My EA is based off of an indicator which is simply a moving average that changes color when the slope changes.   My problem is that I can't figure out how to tell the program to buy when the MA changes color.  I know this is a simple request for many of you.  Could you look at the indicator code to find out how it is changing color?  I can't tell the program simply, "when the line changes from red to green."  It must be in language like when Blue signal > Red Signal or something like that.  

To repeat, I don't need anyone to write out an EA code, I simply need to know how this indicator is changing from blue to red (or whatever color it might be).  

Much appreciation if you can find this out.  

Attached files:
  _t_s_r_-slopeedirectiongline.mq4  (4.10 KB)
FMIC 2016.04.05 12:34 #

@coralsands28: Since, you have no coding experience and you are using an Online Code generator, you will probably have quite a difficult time. So in all fairness, WHRoeder's statement applies to you as well - you will have to either learn to code or contract someone in the "Freelance" section to code it for you.

However, to show you that we are not just trying to be rude to you and that it is in fact very difficult to show a non-coder, such as yourself, how things are done, here are some details:

The file you provided is an "indicator" and not a "EA". In order to code an "EA" to use it you will have to use the "iCustom()" function (read up via the link provided here, or read PDF manual, or the MetaEditor's help topics).

This Indicator uses 3 buffers (the mode in the "iCustom()" function):

1. [mode = 0] Holds the upward moving values (the blue line)
  2. [mode = 1] Holds the downward moving values (the red line)
  3. [mode = 2] Holds all the values (up or down).

The easiest way will be to index the 3rd buffer via the "iCustom()" function with [mode = 2], and simply subtract the previous bar's value from the current and thus know the slope, so that you can detect when it changes direction (up or down).

Hope that helps!
WHRoeder 2016.04.05 18:43 #

coralsands28: I am trying to build an EA using a web-based EA builder service (since I don't know how to code).

It must be in language like when Blue signal > Red Signal or something like that. 

• We hate EA builder
    • You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    • There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
    • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    • EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time
    • EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
    • EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    • EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
    • EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/reboot.)
  1. If you had learned mql4 you would know there is no such thing as a color signal. Color is just a different indicator buffer having values.
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register