Resetting funds in a demo account?

Hi, I started using Metatrader 4 with a demo account and I am working on some scripts. I make changes very often and I am interested to leave the script overnight to see whether it makes a profit or loss. I would like to be able to reset the funds in my account to a desired value (in my case, $3000) or to be able to add virtual funds to bring back the balance to $3000. I could not find such a feature. Is it possible to do it, or do I have to create a new demo account every time I want to start with clean funds?

Thanks,

Nick 

a) If it is an EA use the StrategyTester?

b) ask you broker - but they won't like it

c) open an new demo account - (every time??)

d) Don't really trade but simulate entries and exits an show the result in the Comment.

gooly:

a) If it is an EA use the StrategyTester?

b) ask you broker - but they won't like it

c) open an new demo account - (every time??)

d) Don't really trade but simulate entries and exits an show the result in the Comment.

Thanks Gooly,

a. It is an EA, but although I can trade on the demo account, if I run the Strategy Tester for a few months, there are no transactions at all. I only started with scripts yesterday, so I have a lot to learn. I expect I will figure out why my EA does not work in the near future.

b. I don't intend to bother the broker for such trivial matters.

c. I could do that, but it would be a waste of accounts, so I prefer to avoid this option as well.

d. I can do that, but I would not be so aware of the significance of the commissions, or I'd have to calculate them in Excel

e. I can close all transactions before starting the simulations, write down the initial funds (assuming are sufficient) and see the results next day.

f. It would be nice if Metatrader would offer to deposit funds in the Virtual accounts as well.

Nick 

NickF:

Thanks Gooly,

f. It would be nice if Metatrader would offer to deposit funds in the Virtual accounts as well.
funding and fund withdrawing is something substantially different than trading! Metatrader will never do that.

NickF:

Thanks Gooly,

a. It is an EA, but although I can trade on the demo account, if I run the Strategy Tester for a few months, there are no transactions at all. I only started with scripts yesterday, so I have a lot to learn. I expect I will figure out why my EA does not work in the near future.

b. I don't intend to bother the broker for such trivial matters.

Some brokers allow to do that yourself from your "personal page" on their website.
Reason: