Place order template with risk and S/L and T/P

Hello,

Ok I am new to metatrader and forex in general. However I was wondering if there is some kind of template when placing order where you
specify s/l in pips and t/p in pips instead of price? And then this setting used on every trade until you say otherwise?  

Reason for asking is I am testing a theory but it takes to long time to use keyboard and enter s/l and t/p  

Cheers 

mastahbrood:

Hello,

Ok I am new to metatrader and forex in general. However I was wondering if there is some kind of template when placing order where you
specify s/l in pips and t/p in pips instead of price? And then this setting used on every trade until you say otherwise?  

Reason for asking is I am testing a theory but it takes to long time to use keyboard and enter s/l and t/p  

Cheers 

It is standart function in window wear you open order.

Cannot be done in MT4 but you can pay somebody to write an EA to do it. Click on Freelance at the top of the page.

eevviill:

Then maybe we are using different version of metatrader? I have to specify price increase/decrease.

What I want is a input like "specify in pips stop/loss"

Then the price is automaticly adjusted and I open a position....

eevviill:
Please explain how to do, I am not aware of this.

GumRai:
Cannot be done in MT4 but you can pay somebody to write an EA to do it. Click on Freelance at the top of the page.

Thanks for your reply! Then my suspicions where correct. Is this done solely in mql4 language ?

Is this a function that is in Metatrader 5? 

mastahbrood: Ok I am new to metatrader and forex in general. However I was wondering if there is some kind of template when placing order where you specify s/l in pips and t/p in pips instead of price?
  1. Search the code base there's probably scripts to do that.
  2. Instead just place the order without stops. Then (with options -> trade -> On Click trading enabled) you can drag the order up and down to set the stops. The text on the line shows how many points and currency it is.
  3. You could also use 'Money Manager Graphic Tool' indicator by 'takycard' for MetaTrader 4 in the MQL5 Code Base (for example) which allow you to place the SL where it needs to be and it can recalculate the lot size based on the placement and risk amount.

GumRai:
Please explain how to do, I am not aware of this.

/

That is not the MT4 popup.

WHRoeder:
That is not the MT4 popup.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You really are a troll.
Reason: