Trying to extract data from iCustom into EA

Hi, I could use some advise here. I am writing my first EA here and have come across a stumbling block. I want to use data from an indicator called Slope Direction Line. Basically, I want to use whether or not the slope is up or down.

Here are the buffers and inputs:

//---- input parameters 
extern int       period=80; 

extern int       method=3;                         // MODE_SMA 

extern int       price=0;                          // PRICE_CLOSE 

{ 

IndicatorBuffers(3);  

SetIndexBuffer(0, Uptrend); 

//ArraySetAsSeries(Uptrend, true); 

SetIndexBuffer(1, Dntrend); 

//ArraySetAsSeries(Dntrend, true); 

SetIndexBuffer(2, ExtMapBuffer); 

ArraySetAsSeries(ExtMapBuffer, true); 

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,2);

SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,2);

IndicatorShortName("Slope Direction Line("+period+")"); 

return(0); 

} 

I want  to pass on whether or not the line is in a downtrend. So I am using Buffer 1 as a boolean:

bool dn1 = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_D1,"Slope Direction Line",80,30,0,1,0);

The problem is that this value always returns false, no matter what the real value is. I included an alert to show the value and it's always true, even when the indicator shows an uptrend. Obviously I am interpreting something incorrectly. Any ideas? Thank you.

Files:

Nokutek:

Hi, I could use some advise here. I am writing my first EA here and have come across a stumbling block. I want to use data from an indicator called Slope Direction Line. Basically, I want to use whether or not the slope is up or down.

Here are the buffers and inputs:

I want  to pass on whether or not the line is in a downtrend. So I am using Buffer 1 as a boolean:

The problem is that this value always returns false, no matter what the real value is. I included an alert to show the value and it's always true, even when the indicator shows an uptrend. Obviously I am interpreting something incorrectly. Any ideas? Thank you.

iCustom returns double values! Read about it in the editors reference!

gooly:
iCustom returns double values! Read about it in the editors reference!

yes

double dn1 

Nokutek: The problem is that this value always returns false, ...
 bool dn1 = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_D1,"Slope Direction Line",80,30,0,1,0);
Obviously I am interpreting something incorrectly. Any ideas? Thank you.
  1. iCustom does not return a boolean. Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
  2. The indicator has two data buffers (uptrend and downtrend.)

WHRoeder:
  1. iCustom does not return a boolean. Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
  2. The indicator has two data buffers (uptrend and downtrend.)
Thank you, appreciated. I changed it to doubles and then compared two candles to determine slope. 
Reason: