Retard the alert several seconds - page 4

GumRai:

What is your point?

Why not? There is nothing wrong with using Time[0] to detect a new bar.

Ohhh. 

I will make test and show you resoults. It is about updating chart. 

a mql5 :

Once again I try to explain (on fingers):
  1. I run a terminal after X amount of time after the last run
  2. Initiate injection history, which is missing (terminal was not working X minutes)
  3. Called OnCalculate indicator on an existing story prevtime = last known time in history, the size of the indicator buffer N bars
  4. While the story is pumped from the server comes teak
  5. Called OnCalculate indicator, where Time [0] tick time its indicator remembers how prevtime, the size of the indicator buffer N + 1 bar (between the bars N and N + 1 there is a hole in the story)
  6. After resuming stories again called OnCalculate indicator, but this time, the hole in the history of no, but prevtime has tighter date as the Time [0] - a new bar is not (or is not vanishing buffers in the indicator), and the buffer size indicator N + X / Timeframe bars and IndBuffer [0] is not the one that was in step 5

omissamf:
Hi guys, you are great !!!
I do not know how to thank you for your cooperation.
The code posted eevviill works very well, that's what I meant.
The GumRai code instead makes repaint and give the signal whenever the RSI crosses the 30/70 levels.
I insert the working code according to eevviill suggestions, hoping that it will serve some more.

Thanks for everything, Massimo.

My pleasure.

GumRai:

To be honest, I don't know what happens when Bars reaches the maximum in history...

They keep increasing whatever you set until the next launch.

Ovo:
Thank you.

eevviill:

Ohhh. 

I will make test and show you resoults. It is about updating chart. 

a mql5 :

Once again I try to explain (on fingers):
  1. I run a terminal after X amount of time after the last run
  2. Initiate injection history, which is missing (terminal was not working X minutes)
  3. Called OnCalculate indicator on an existing story prevtime = last known time in history, the size of the indicator buffer N bars
  4. While the story is pumped from the server comes teak
  5. Called OnCalculate indicator, where Time [0] tick time its indicator remembers how prevtime, the size of the indicator buffer N + 1 bar (between the bars N and N + 1 there is a hole in the story)
  6. After resuming stories again called OnCalculate indicator, but this time, the hole in the history of no, but prevtime has tighter date as the Time [0] - a new bar is not (or is not vanishing buffers in the indicator), and the buffer size indicator N + X / Timeframe bars and IndBuffer [0] is not the one that was in step 5

Here you go.

Operation:attach ind to M1 chart,close terminal,after 3-6 minutes open terminal.

Resoults.

Ovo:

Great, that means that you have done some testing. I knew that the maximum bars on chart would keep increasing until the next launch, but didn't know what happens about maximum bars in history.

Do you know what happens when an EA or indicator is running and you keep pressing the Home key. Does that increase the return from Bars?

GumRai:

Great, that means that you have done some testing. I knew that the maximum bars on chart would keep increasing until the next launch, but didn't know what happens about maximum bars in history.

Do you know what happens when an EA or indicator is running and you keep pressing the Home key. Does that increase the return from Bars?

Sure, it increases, but you might prefer using the ChartNavigate instead of pressing the Home key (no offence).

Ovo:
Sure, it increases, but you might prefer using the ChartNavigate instead of pressing the Home key (no offence).

No offense taken. If I remember correctly ChartNavigate uses a particular format for date and time which is based on the American way. I am English and can never remember the format that is recognised by MT4.

But what you are saying is that Bars increases by adding earlier data to a chart. So that means that by adding the earlier bars, the return from bars will increase, so using Bars instead of Time[] will detect a new bar even when there has not been a new bar?

GumRai:

No offense taken. If I remember correctly ChartNavigate uses a particular format for date and time which is based on the American way. I am English and can never remember the format that is recognised by MT4.

But what you are saying is that Bars increases by adding earlier data to a chart. So that means that by adding the earlier bars, the return from bars will increase, so using Bars instead of Time[] will detect a new bar even when there has not been a new bar?

Sure, I think it is obvious.Regarding the date format, it is probably neither American nor English default.

Hi guys. It was not my intention to offend anyone.
GumRai, the code you posted me, makes me appear the arrow whenever the RSI crosses the 30/70 levels, but if during the formation of candel, the RSI back the arrow disappears, while in the code that I suggested eevviill the arrow appears after 3 seconds, if the RSI crosses the level, and even though back, it stays fixed. I am not able to figure out what's wrong, you're too good for me, but this is what happens with your code.
Greetings, Massimo.
Reason: