i am running my EA on a MT4 platform using VPS.
My impression is that it should continue running without any intervention or minimal supervision.
i open up the VPS. it indicates the following:
Automated trading disabled.
Automated trading disabled because the account have been changed.
I have not touched anything.
is there something i miss out?
- Do the maintainance of server by the broker causes this?
- Do i need to refresh periodically the MT4?
What might be the cause of this problem?
Thanks in advance.
1) Ask your provider how they do the shut-down the vps for their maintenance: hibernation or/and restart - sometimes a restart is needed!
2) Ask your vps provider when they do their maintenance. Some will tell you they any time they need, some will tell you e.g. Tuesday night, I found one with Sat. 4:00...
3) Write a e.g. Powershell script that sends you an email at vps (re-)start!!
4) Look for a password for the provider to logon to your vps to something. Some might ask you: "May I enter to do..." some just enter..
5) In case of a shut-down and a restart you must check your terminals! They might have been updated (e.g. 940 to 950) and if you installed them at admin.-level their is no pwd-request and that might causes troubles!!
To add comments, please log in or register