EAs, indicator, library and include files automatically deleted from MT4

I found that all my EAs, indicator, library and include files that I am developing have been deleted. I first noticed this over the weekday. Please I need help on what to do.

Hello,

MetaTrader has a long standing behaviour of deleting e.g. MQ4 files when you click at them and are present on some specific folders, like Downloads. For example, if you download a mq4 file in the Downloads folder and click on it in order to open it in MetaEditor, it will disappear form the Downloads folder. But it is not all gone :) The file will be present in the corresponding folder in the special data folder of MetaTrader

hth

best regards 

Demos:

Hello,

MetaTrader has a long standing behaviour of deleting e.g. MQ4 files when you click at them and are present on some specific folders, like Downloads. For example, if you download a mq4 file in the Downloads folder and click on it in order to open it in MetaEditor, it will disappear form the Downloads folder. But it is not all gone :) The file will be present in the corresponding folder in the special data folder of MetaTrader

hth

best regards 

Thanks for your reply, but the various files where in there respective folders under the terminal data folders, e.g the experts where in  the specific terminal /MQL4/Experts. I still programmed these files on last week Friday, and on Saturday morning when I started MT4, I found out that all my files and in fact all custom files are gone; was just as if the terminal was just installed with only the default (EAs:"MACD Sample" and "Moving Average", libraries, include) files present.

I am very happy with "Everything" to find files and folder which I don't know do I have them or not!

That everything thing looks good, thanks; I may say i am not sure Windows search does work indeed :) But i am still worried about the sudden disappearing of the files from the MQL folders; I assume there must be reasons outside of MetaTrader

gooly:
I am very happy with "Everything" to find files and folder which I don't know do I have them or not!
I have downloaded and tried it, it found the files as .lnk (shortcuts that are not linked to any files) in the "recent items" folder of my system. 

Oluwatosin:
I have downloaded and tried it, it found the files as .lnk (shortcuts that are not linked to any files) in the "recent items" folder of my system. 

You may have to use a program to restore deleted files. You can also check the control panel>add/remove programs, where you can see the installation date for programs

best regards 

Reason: