well i wonder with all these experts and bots online is it truly worth learning mql?
im good programmer, so learning new language is easy for me, thou i have very tight schedules due my other job.
so wondering if really worth learning mql and will it do any actual help on trading?
thanks and sorry about noobish question.
Depends what you want.
Mql4 is close to C and Mql5 close to C++
gooly i know both of them C & C++
as i said im programmer as my first job.
what i want is to know if mql can help me to build reliable robot and expert.
but in other hands many bots and experts out there so wondering is it worth or not to put my mind and time to this
The language details will be simple for you to pick up. The hard parts are
1) Designing a viable trading strategy. The hardest part ! (if you don't get this right the project will become just a learning experience)
2) Understanding the MQL4 libraries and unique API's
3) Implementing the exit strategies
4) Implementing the order execution and risk management
5) Back testing and optimisation of strategies
6) Forward testing and adjustments for slippage and spread changes
To do the job justice you will need at least 3-6 months of dedicated time. With a full time job this will clearly take longer.
thank you james
thats why i exactly wanted to know is it worth it or not, with full time job its quiet hard
but it seems as you said if i make correct strategy its worth it thank you again
Don't let this put you off experimenting. You can knock up some simple prototypes that give you a good idea in a few weeks.
:) thanks james,
i will try...
first have to come up with time line and good source of mql training source
To add comments, please log in or register