Configuring email

Have the recent builds of MT4 broken or changed the email setup?

I've never used the email feature before, but I thought it would be easy to set up.  No such luck.  I looked at the docs, I googled, I watched videos, I read step-by-step instructions.  I tried it with my gmail account, with my regular ISP, with/without port numbers, everything I could think of.  Nothing worked.  I just get "Mail: 'Test message' failed" in the Journal tab.

Help??

Thanks, but that didn't work either.  I set up the gmx.com account as described in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSomE8aFa2Q and I still get "Mail: 'Test email' failed."

I'm 90% sure this used to work just fine, and without gmx.com.  I almost think I tested it myself once.  Now I can't get it working even WITH gmx.com.

I have a normal ISP account.  I don't have any firewalls or anything like that.  I can't get this to work through gmail, gmx, or my ISP.  !?!? 

Anyone?  Any guesses why none of these approaches work?  Any suggestions for ways to debug what's wrong?

I tried telnetting directly to the gmx.com SMTP server and feeding it commands.  I'm no ESMTP expert but even using references on the web, I couldn't get it to accept a message. 

Reason: