adding a function to ex4 file

Hi all,

i am just new on this forum so let me introduce my self first:

my name is Dave, 34 years old and i am trading now for the last 4 years.

i am using MT4 as a platform which is working fine and profiteble every day.

i am not using a lot of strategies or indicators which make's doing my trade's very easy and straight forward.

now, i have something that i like to know if it is possible to make. but before i ask the question, let me make clear that i am not looking for decompiling something or other use of software against the rules!

here it come's:

i am working with 3 indicators which are compiled to EX4, together in a template so it is easy to load.

for me it works perfect but the thing is it is only for indication. it works as followed: when all 3 indicators are "green" a bleu arrow shows up in the chart to take a long position, same as when all the 3 indicators are red, a "red" arrow shows up to take a short possition.

as this works perfect for me, i dont want to change anything.

what i want is this:

an automatic order placed 1 candle after the candle with the arrow for long and short possitions where i can also add a stoploss and takeprofit button with i can modify per trade.

now, i know that EX4 is encrypted and getting the source code is not an option as the owner is not willing to make ajustments to the indicator so for that reason i turn to this forum.

is it possible to make a program that sees the signal of the arrow so it can auto trade when the arrow shows up even when i only have the EX4 indicator file's?

i hope someone can help or give some info

best regards,

Dave

is it possible to make a program that sees the signal of the arrow so it can auto trade when the arrow shows up even when i only have the EX4 indicator file's?
Yes, depending on how the indicator draws the arrow, an EA can read the buffer or check on the chart for an object arrow

GumRai:

Yes, depending on how the indicator draws the arrow, an EA can read the buffer or check on the chart for an object arrow

HI,

thanks for your quick reply, now can you tell me or push me in the right direction where to start to make one? or tell me where or how i can find the signal?

it looks like this:

so i think it is object related, but i am not sure....

arrows

best regards,

Dave

turtlemode: so i think it is object related, but i am not sure....
  1. Open data window (control-d,) with mouse over a signal bar if you see indicator value it's buffer. Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
  2. Right click open objects list (control-b) if you see arrows it's drawing arrows. Object Functions - MQL4 Documentation

WHRoeder:
  1. Open data window (control-d,) with mouse over a signal bar if you see indicator value it's buffer. Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
  2. Right click open objects list (control-b) if you see arrows it's drawing arrows. Object Functions - MQL4 Documentation

Hi WHRoeder,

thank you for your reply

it says "value1" when i go over the candlestick that has the arrow under it, the object list does not show a "draw" so that indicates that it is a buffer signal?

(sorry, i am a bit new to this so i try to catch up ;) )

Reason: