Getting a downloaded free indicator into the Navigator.

I very new to MT4.  I got to the point I wanted to  download an indicator.  I like the one called HLC from the previous day.   It provides a way of shifting the lines to the present day. I was able to download the indicator.

I chose the "common MT4"  method. I could not see an obvious way to put it into the Navigator so  tried to drag it. It seemed to work. No objections or error messages. But it it does not show up in the Navigator. 

A little coaching would be much appreciated.   William Crocker

I don't know what the "common MT4" method is.

If you have dragged it to the correct folder, you can try right clicking on the "Indicators" heading in Navigator and click "Refresh"

Put them in the data folder/MQL4/Indicators. Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 17.02.2014

GumRai:

I don't know what the "common MT4" method is.

If you have dragged it to the correct folder, you can try right clicking on the "Indicators" heading in Navigator and click "Refresh"

Thank you for your reply. That reference "common MT4" was a mis-duplication of the filename. Next to it was zip file  and I mistakenly thought the two were choices in the type of download.  Anyway your advice turned out to be correct. The dragging of the file did show itself as having worked. But I first tried to access  the data folder as suggested by WHRoeder. I was denied access but then read more closely the data he referred me to at MQL4/indicators. I discovered I had never named my computer. From what I read having proper id in the system is vital to using a system data I storage.  I corrected that and for it to take effect I had to restart my computer. When I did the restart the file I dragged and dropped showed up in the navigator. I applied it to a chart and it worked perfectly. (previous HLC in the chart shifted one day ahead)  Thank you  for your helpful reply.

WHRoeder:
The dragging of the file did show itself eventually as having worked. But I first tried to access  the data folder as suggested by yourself WHRoeder. I was denied access but then read more closely the data you referred me to at MQL4/indicators. I discovered I had never named my computer. From what I read having proper id in the system is vital to using a system data I storage.  I corrected that and for it to take effect I had to restart my computer. When I did the restart the file I dragged and dropped showed up in the navigator. I applied it to a chart and it worked perfectly. (previous HLC in the chart shifted one day ahead)  Thank you  for your helpful reply.
Put them in the data folder/MQL4/Indicators. Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 17.02.2014
Reason: