Platform crashing

I'm not sure if this has been raised before as there have been several reports of MT4 crashing in the various recent build updates.

I'm on build 940, using Windows XP SP3

I have run several tests in strategy tester on a new EA that I have written and everything works fine. 

Then I tested it on GBPJPY and the test doesn't even start. The green progress bars move a little in the initial stage and then MT4 shuts down.

With other pairs, no problem.

Trying Other EAs, same problem when testing GBPJPY.

Even testing one of the standard indicators with GBPJPY, MT4 shuts down.

No log file is produced, so I have no idea what is happening.

I've tested with various pairs and this problem seems to be restricted to GBPJPY and GBPUSD, other GBP pairs seem ok.

Any ideas? 

GumRai:

I'm on build 940, using Windows XP SP3

I never knew you were a hipster, GumRai 

honest_knave:
I never knew you were a hipster, GumRai 
I have been happy with XP, but know that I will need to change soon. I need to upgrade my computer as 2GB RAM is getting a bit restrictive. Just holding on as long as possible so that any Windows 10 teething problems are fixed.

Have you tried running terminal.exe with valgrind ?

(Edit: Forget this suggestion, since valgrind only exist for unixoid systems but there are some Windows alternative tools that may help -> click <-).

Edit: Fixed missing link.

GumRai:
I have been happy with XP, but know that I will need to change soon. I need to upgrade my computer as 2GB RAM is getting a bit restrictive. Just holding on as long as possible so that any Windows 10 teething problems are fixed.
how about Vista (SP1) ? I am struggling with 7 right now, put 10, got off 'em in about 5 minutes and i am going back to a spare copy of Vista 32 business. So much better useability really. All we need is a good IPS (or PLS maybe) monitor because of the "black" colours of the general UI and especially of the taskbar, but after that picture is beautiful

You can also have a look at ReactOS (0.4 will be out in a couple of days iirc). I once had it running and installed MetaTrader on it.
Reason: