Question about fractional volume and leverage

I am new to MT4 so question might be silly. Is it possible to set a volume that is not listed in the list of volumes? For example setting a volume of 0.36? Same question about leverage.

1. Just type in what you want.
  2. Leverage is set by the broker.

Thanks!!!

Your margin is the difference between the two, if you have high leverage and have put 5 lots on a buy and the market drops even 10 pips your margin (what you can now spend) drops relative. It's quite a pain really because when you have a higher margin your trapped in a good trade and when your margin drops you sometimes dont have the funds to double down on the rally or such.

Leverage is generally considered to go hand in hand with risk aswell, the higher the leverage the greater the risk. In absolute terms theres not much in it, if your gona sink it doesnt matter if your in dinghy or the titanic. I suppose its analogous to driving a fast car, the move leverage the faster the car the greater chance of crashing and dieing, in a slow car you might only injure yourself. 

High volatility and leverage is what i imagine crack to be like, great fun ;)

WHRoeder:
  1. Just type in what you want.
  2. Leverage is set by the broker.
When do brokers cut you off? when your margin is less than your investment?

Keelan:
When do brokers cut you off? when your margin is less than your investment?

There are multiple scenarios for stop out. The broker sets it.

Keelan: When do brokers cut you off? when your margin is less than your investment?
Don't trade more than 1-2% of your account and margin is irrelevant.
  • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent = RISK = |OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * OrderLots * DeltaPerlot (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerlot
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out

WHRoeder:
Don't trade more than 1-2% of your account and margin is irrelevant.
  • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent = RISK = |OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * OrderLots * DeltaPerlot (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerlot
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out

Cheers pal, your links send me down a rabbit hole that i've not yet finished but i also found your base code (i think)? Its a massive help, people should come together and do what you've done.

I guess most are out for themselves and dont see a return though, not the best ideology when its us VS them. Lone traders are barely competing among each other its the big investment firms and banks that pull any major strings and obviously important economic and business news. People should wise up.

Hi I have a question and please answer.  In MetaTrader 4, what happens if the margin level falls below the allowable level?  Do all trades that are at a loss close immediately or warn first and close the most trades in order?   
Thanks

1867413:
Hi I have a question and please answer.  In MetaTrader 4, what happens if the margin level falls below the allowable level?  Do all trades that are at a loss close immediately or warn first and close the most trades in order?   
Thanks

Ask your broker as not all may follow the same actions.

Reason: