New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 950: Built-in video and performance improvements

Back to topics list  | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 To post a new topic, please log in or register
kula 2016.04.08 09:05 #

WHRoeder:
kula: I can't stress out enough how this will be helpful for scalpers. 
It's already in Mt5 why aren't you there?

Most indicators and EAs are built for Mt4, Mql5 programming is harder and most people don't understand it and not all brokers use Mt5.

99% of online EA developments and indicators are concentrated on Mt4, every single forum where people share their codes/ strategies, you'll see only mt4. 

You can go through all Forums and you'll see people struggling with offline charts, of course it is easy to say why not use Mt5? 

The simple answer is; Mt5 is useless in terms of available indicators/ Eas. This is also the main reason why Mt4 is widely used, unlike Mt5.

And people have found solutions in their mql4 codes. Which will not work the same on mql5 even if they tried.

The question here is not "why not use Mt5?",  it should rather be " Why not make Mt4 better?"

I hope someone from the metaquotes can see this. PLease help us!

Thanks. 

positiveday 2016.04.08 11:38 #

WHRoeder:
positiveday: Why the columns "Comment", "Commissions", "Swap" don't exists in "Tester" "Results"?
Right click and enable?

Sorry, click .... where?

Ovo 2016.04.08 13:12 #

kula:

You can go through all Forums and you'll see people struggling with offline charts, of course it is easy to say why not use Mt5? 

The simple answer is; Mt5 is useless in terms of available indicators/ Eas. This is also the main reason why Mt4 is widely used, unlike Mt5.

Offline charts are the biggest advantage of MT4 above MT5. The real problem, which keeps struggling people in forums, is using hundred times patched free ancient code, which nobody seriously maintains. Anyone (even you) can take the code, revise it, re-test it with every new MT4 build and give it to all. But some work is involved, unfortunately.

4evermaat 2016.04.12 04:26 #

WHRoeder:

It's already in Mt5 why aren't you there?
kula:

Most indicators and EAs are built for Mt4, Mql5 programming is harder and most people don't understand it and not all brokers use Mt5.

99% of online EA developments and indicators are concentrated on Mt4, every single forum where people share their codes/ strategies, you'll see only mt4. 

And people have found solutions in their mql4 codes. Which will not work the same on mql5 even if they tried.

The question here is not "why not use Mt5?",  it should rather be " Why not make Mt4 better?"

I hope someone from the metaquotes can see this. PLease help us!

Thanks. 

-------------------------------------------

1. I think it is about 10 fx brokers that have adopted mt5. Fewer is exclusively mt5 or have implemented it live.  mt4 is still the de facto standard. 
  2. mt5 64 bit memory usage and CPU usage is actually quite high even for a single chart. 
  3. No native ability to import data of your own.  This hampers backtesting significantly, especially if you use TDS.
  4. no ability to use already popular mt4 code (source code or compiled).  
If mt5 or mt6 were to allow mt4 functions to be used, I think the adoption rate would have been much quicker.  mt5 is not a complete loss.  But MQ does not want to admit mt5 (from an adoption standpoint) was a massive fail.
4evermaat 2016.04.12 04:29 #

I noticed that if you launch multiple terminals within close proximity of each other, then some of the terminals will use a large amount of RAM (like 200-300MB), even if you trim the memory.

But if you restart the problem terminals, the problems go away permanently (no more ram increase).  Same charts, indicators, etc.

I'm guessing it has something to do with launching multiple terminals within close proximity of each other.  The terminals do not update or anyhing.  just a normal restart.

ANDII 2016.04.14 20:42 #

kula:

Please add more timeframes to the next update. PLease. ( like in mt5)

It will really help in scalping if there was 2 or 3 minute timeframe. 

Using period converters has obvious flaws, PLease do this, I'm sure there are other traders who want it too.

Thanks. 

It would be a great valuable feature to have a tick timeframe and/or make the tick chart window with a whole history of ticks provided by a broker.

Thanks! 

ANDII 2016.06.01 12:12 #

Suggestion of a few essential features for next updates:

1. Improvement of Price Alerts interface window.

Please, add a possibility of Alert Window settings saving.

I frequently use notifications and my preferred action is "Notification".

It is the last in the list of Actions.

Therefore, instead of ONE click alert creation it takes FIVE clicks to create my customized alert.

One to five is not a good ratio of workload :(

2. An analysis of account equity curve with more indicators of trader performance. 

Please, develop

--- a historical graph of account equity curve. Daily update and intraday updates.

A broker rewrites the OHLC data in the history center as time goes by.

To evaluate the traders' performance the necessity of saving historical equity curve at different timeframes arises. 

--- A daily and a whole history account maximal drawdown estimated at High/Low prices. 

Many dedicated Internet sites wrongly make the estimation at the timeframe's Close price.

--- Pips earned/lost

--- Average Win

--- Average Loss 

--- Standard deviation 

--- Sharpe Ratio

--- Z score

---  AHPR arithmetic average holding period return

--- GHPR geometric average holding period return

3. A possibility of sharing of the trader performance data with my investors from the desktop terminal.

centrifugal 2016.07.08 14:09 #

hello guys,

where i can download build 950 version? pls help me

WHRoeder 2016.07.08 16:26 #

centrifugal: where i can download build 950 version? pls help me
Why? Versions below 970 are not supported starting July 1, 2016.

Back to topics list   | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  

To add comments, please log in or register