EX4 & DLL indicator faking visual backtest?

Hello,

I have an .ex4 indicator along with .dll. The owner of it says I can only test it in backtesting and is not giving me an option of forward testing without paying upfront (it expires tonight and trades are usually in the morning). Now the results shown in backtest is great and I ran it in visual mode to make sure no repainting and the signal speed was fast and not lagging at all.

It seems too good though,  is there a way this person has somehow coded the indicator to only work in the backtest results and no signals would actually appear in live situations? The signals are usaully around the same time so it seems like there's some logic in the signals. 

Thanks 

Regarding reading the future, MQL4 code alone has no access to the history folder from the Tester, but with DLL enabled you can use Windows native functions to access those files.

Can you use other, exotic symbols?

gooly:
Can you use other, exotic symbols?
No, its specifically for one forex pair as he says his strategy is based on it. 

Hmmm - not so good.

And there is no MyFxbook account?

Do you know which indicators the EA uses, can you 're-build' the situations?

gooly:

Hmmm - not so good.

And there is no MyFxbook account?

Do you know which indicators the EA uses, can you 're-build' the situations?

Nope I cant and dont know, no fxbook. His selling the indicator for $2k 

You could run a short test and note a trade that makes a profit. Then working offline, you could modify the history file so that the stop loss would be hit the next bar. Run the test again and see if the trade is taken. If not, then you know that the EA is looking into the future.

Remember to refresh the data afterwards. 

can you post some snapshots?
Reason: