Expert Advisor EURUSD H1 - Rising Candle (with video)

This is a simple Expert Advisor for trading on EURUSD H1 market.

Backtestet result:

Backtest Chart 

Trading rules:

Long Entry - wait for a bullish bar with body > 30 pips and Volume > 2.0 * Average volume from last 80 bars.

Open long at next bar Open and close at the bar Close.

Long setup 

Short Entry - wait for a bearish bar with body > 30 pips and Volume > 2.0 * Average volume from last 80 bars.

Open short at next bar Open and close at the bar Close.

Short Setup 

This Expert is created without programming with Forex Strategy Builder:<Link removed>

This video explains how the EA works and how is created:

Expert parameters:

Expert input 

The Expert Advisor is attached below: 

Files:

Miroslav_Popov: This Expert is created without programming with Forex Strategy Builder:<Link removed>
    • We hate EA builder
    • You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    • There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
    • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    • EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time
    • EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
    • EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    • EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
    • EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/reboot.)
  1. die spammer

WHRoeder:
Miroslav_Popov: This Expert is created without programming with Forex Strategy Builder:<Link removed>
    • We hate EA builder
    • You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    • There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
    • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    • EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time
    • EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
    • EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    • EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
    • EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/reboot.)
  1. die spammer

Actually I loved Mroslav's Strategy Builder a lot. I assume it still has an option of using it as a runtime instead of generating the mql code.

Hello WHRoeder,

Thank you for your comment. 

I want to add that there is no a single line in the EA you see that is written automatically. All MQL code is manually written, it is open source and available in GitHub: <Link Removed> It is used and checked by thousands of traders and from some MQL nerds. The code represents an elegant EA structure and a set of about 150 indicators. The only thing the program does is to include the necessary indicator files into the EA core file and to set the parameters.

I may say that I understand the programming probably better that the average MQL coder. I have written more than a million lines of C, C++, C# code (industrial models, chess playing software, accounting software, linux distros, fx backtesters).. and a bunch of MQL including many EAs and about 200 MQL indicators. I may answer how I manage the flows you noted, but I'm sure you are speaking generally and do not mean specifically my code.

In my humble opinion the EA I provide is better than most  of the publicly available EAs. And guess, it is simple because I have solved the issues you have quoted and even more.

Forex Strategy Builder doesn't replace MetaTrader and the MQL programming :). The MQL programming knowledge doesn't devaluate

But actually my first post is not regarding the MQL programming, but for describing an EA setup that is simple, clear, tested with MT and shows a good result.

I'm 100% sure that if you rewrite completely the code in your style and implement the same trading rules, you will receive very near results.  

Trade Safe!

By the way, anyone can use that program for free for ever. 

@Miroslav_Popov

Well written. I've taken some time and went onto your corporates website. I like the monte carlo stuff you offer. Using an EA-Builder is not bad because you get your workflow done in a minimal time. You concentrate on what's necessary. You achive the goals that has to be reached and you focus on the real thing. The market. A far better approach than what I see here on the forum from various people who want to know howto protect their MQL code but who are not able to write 5 lines of code at all. So continue your work. I bet the one or other will well appreciate the EA of yours.

Miroslav_Popov:

Hello WHRoeder,

By the way, anyone can use that program for free for ever. 

But you are selling that program as well, can you explain in short what is the difference of the live time free and paid version?

You can do free:

- Creating Strategy by combining indicator
 - Real time backtesting
 - See the Ambiguous Bars - these are bars where there are several ways of interpolation and that reflects on the back-test result
 - Protects the EA creator from logical errors (for example, to use future price values for trading now. You call that Holy Grail) 
 - Provides tens of protections and checks in the Expert code
 - Importing data files from MT, downloading data files from our online server
 - Using Custom Indicators
 - Exporting EAs for MT4 and MT5
 - Analyzing a portfolio of strategies
 - Browsing the strategy trading and bars interpolation
 - Testing the strategy by using  5 different interpolation methods
 - Saving strategies in collections - filtering and sorting collections using several criteria and filters
 - Trading automatically from FSB via a MT4 bridge

Moderator:Remaining content referencing paid for service removed

hmm - real time backtesting? This I don't understand. Either it's real time or it's backtesting against historic prices.

But for backtesting does FSB need a mt4 or mt5 terminal as mt4 does allow one own's tickdata mt5 not (as far as I know).

Or can e.g. FSB  backtest a mt5-EA against converted Tickdata?

hmm - real time backtesting? This I don't understand.  Either it's real time or it's backtesting against historic prices

Yea, you are right. It is not real time but is very very fast. It takes less than a second and is shown to the traders instantly (don't we call that "real time"). There is no a "Calculate" or "Start" button. And yes, it tests the strategies against history data.

But for backtesting does FSB need a mt4 or mt5 

No, it doesn't.

Or can e.g. FSB  backtest a mt5-EA against converted Tickdata?

We don't need tick data in most of the cases. This is the beauty of the algorithms and the expert structure. Even for the cases when there is ambiguity (where ticks really help), the program uses a "pessimistic" testing. It ensures that the result will not be overestimated.

You can use and tick data, of course.  The program can import tick data from Dukascopy. (it doesn't slow down the backtest. It is also instant.)

Well well. I know if it is so fast it cannot be real. Really? That's why I provide a 100% native MQL code for testing in MT.

Please do not post references to any service that requires a fee

Please do not post references to any service that requires a fee
Well noted. Thank you.
Reason: