Is Fullscreen?

Hello together,

when I press F11 I get a FullScreen of my Chart and if I press F11 the Chart gets small again. Is it possible to see in mql4 whether I have Fullscreen or not.

Regards

Falte

Fullscreen = no tool bars

WHRoeder:

Dear WHRoeder,

what do you mean with that comment? I try to find out in my mql4-Indicator if the chart window is Fullscreen or not (or in your words: is no tool bars or is tool bars). Is there an easy possibility to get this?

Regards

Klaus

Faltensack: Is it possible to see in mql4 whether I have Fullscreen or not.
I answered your question on how you see. Indicator can't see and shouldn't need to know.

Actually there is a workaround or trick howto figure full screen (or full screen chart) if you wish.

I have this coming out of my mind:

1. Use some Windows API to determine the Root Screen width and height. E.g. 1366 x 786
  2. Get the current Chart Window width and height size. E.g. 800 x 640
  3. Now 1366 != 800 and 786 != 640. Means the Windows API returned a higher screen resolution than what your Chart Window returns
  4. Knowing this, this tells you that your Chart Window IS NOT full screen
  5. Now if you press F11 (or the full screen menu option) then your Chart Window usually reaches close to 1366 x 768 in width and height
  6. So even if your Chart Window goes to 1350 x 755 then it's close to 1366 x 768 (you can add a threshold because the borders of your window decoration (or theme) needs to be subtracted). This can be used as some sort of IS FULL screen

In pseudo code, this would look like this:

int screenWidth = WindowsAPIGetScreenWidth();
int screenHeight = WindowsAPIGetScreenHeight();
int chartWidth = MQ4APIGetChartWidth();
int chartHeight = MQ4APIGetChartHeight();

boolean isFullScreen(int screenWidth, int screenHeight, int chartWidth, int chartHeight) {
  // threshold for width
  if ((chartWidth + 50) >= screenWidth) {
    chartWidth = screenWdith;
  }

// threshold for height
  if ((chartHeight + 50) >= screenHeight) {
    chartHeight = screenHeight;
  }

// do we believe it's full screen ? return true !
  if (screenWidth >= chartWidth && screenHeight >= chartHeight) {
    return true;
  }

// do we believe it's NOT full screen ? return false !
  return false;
}

aakcaagac:

Actually there is a workaround or trick howto figure full screen (or full screen chart) if you wish.

I have this coming out of my mind:

1. Use some Windows API to determine the Root Screen width and height. E.g. 1366 x 786
  2. Get the current Chart Window width and height size. E.g. 800 x 640
  3. Now 1366 != 800 and 786 != 640. Means the Windows API returned a higher screen resolution than what your Chart Window returns
  4. Knowing this, this tells you that your Chart Window IS NOT full screen
  5. Now if you press F11 (or the full screen menu option) then your Chart Window usually reaches close to 1366 x 768 in width and height
  6. So even if your Chart Window goes to 1350 x 755 then it's close to 1366 x 768 (you can add a threshold because the borders of your window decoration (or theme) needs to be subtracted). This can be used as some sort of IS FULL screen

In pseudo code, this would look like this:

Thank you for your help Akcaagac. That was exactly what I was looking for!

William Roeder #:
i swear your answers are the worst. what are you so bitter about sir?

nasdaqdude #: i swear your answers are the worst. what are you so bitter about sir?

OP asked a simple question. I answered it simply. My emotions are irreverent.

You “like to take responsibility for” your “actions”? Are you so bitter that you just had to make a rude comment?

Reason: