Pls help: How to change the symbol of chart windows by keyboard in MT4

for example,I open a chart window of a symbol, can I change the symbol of the chart window by keyboard upwards or downwards according to the market watch list.I mean when I press a certain key, the chart window will show the next symbol. Thanks!

zc147369:
for example,I open a chart window of a symbol, can I change the symbol of the chart window by keyboard upwards or downwards according to the market watch list.I mean when I press a certain key, the chart window will show the next symbol. Thanks!

You can easily write a script to change a charts Symbol. This script can be assigned  CTRL  or  ALT keys.

PS  why not just drag the new Symbol from Market Watch directly to the chart ie with the mouse. 

Press enter and type in the symbol you want; you can also scroll instantly to a specific date

WHRoeder:
Press enter and type in the symbol you want; you can also scroll instantly to a specific date
Can I use only one key to show the symbol upwards, and another key for downwards accoring to the "market watch" table?

rod178:

You can easily write a script to change a charts Symbol. This script can be assigned  CTRL  or  ALT keys.

PS  why not just drag the new Symbol from Market Watch directly to the chart ie with the mouse. 

Can you help me to write the script? If it is possible, It is more easy to change the symbol by key board than mouse.

zc147369:
Can you help me to write the script? If it is possible, It is more easy to change the symbol by key board than mouse.

One option would be to create an array of symbols within the script  and attach the script to an ALT key which would cycle through the array of symbols and execute on the single chart

ie

ChartSetSymbolPeriod(currentChartID,symbolArrayA[i],currentChartTimeframe);

rod178:

One option would be to create an array of symbols within the script  and attach the script to an ALT key which would cycle through the array of symbols and execute on the single chart

ie

Thank you. Would you help me to write the complete script?

zc147369:
Thank you. Would you help me to write the complete script?

https://book.mql4.com//

https://www.upwork.com/o/jobs/browse/skill/metatrader-4-mt4/ 

Reason: