EA running an Indicator

Hi,

Is there anyone here tried to run an Indicator using an EA?

Thanks...

What do you mean?

GumRai:
What do you mean?

For example you have an EA that has a button. If you click that button, a custom indicator will appear. I have thought of this because i think you cant run 2 EA on the same Chart Window and i use CDialog for my EA.

You can't attach more than 1 EA to a chart, but you can attach multiple indicators as well as the EA.

EA's don't have eyes; they don't need to see the indicator. If you need to see the indicator, add it to the chart.

WHRoeder:
EA's don't have eyes; they don't need to see the indicator. If you need to see the indicator, add it to the chart.

But an indicator cant trade. Basically, the EA is the main part of the trade and the "second" EA or indicator will assess if the EA is trading right and it will also modify or close a certain group which will be manually chosen thru a CListView on a EA/Indicator.

Indicators can't trade; they only indicate. The EA is not the main part; it is the only part. Only the EA "will assess if the EA is trading right." The secretary does not tell the boss what to do.

@bluestacks - yes, I do and it works great.

To do so, you can create pipes to communicate between both. This way, you can have as much "EAs" the same time as you want on a chart. The host creates theses pipes while the indicator has to find them and stores the signals into them, so that the host trades while the indicators oscillate.

For MT this may be strange, but for many other platforms its just the typical way to realize autotrading. Anyway, if you have the possibility to trade multiple signals the same time, your equity curve can become smoother and you don´t need a separate EA for each single solution which just results in total confusion anyway.

Reason: