Backtest calculates with varied TickValue at cross currency pairs?

Hi Coders,

I'm running many optimizations. I just realized that there are differents in the resutls at the same EA with same backtest options. I found the couse of the different results: the backtest uses different tick values at the cross currency pairs.

For example: My account currency is USD and I'm testing on EURCHF. I created a tick database (FXT file) with the TickStory application. In the TickStory I set the TickValue to 0.9800. When I run a backtest, the value of the MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE) is 0.9800 - this is right. But when the EA close a trade, the OrderProfit() doesn't calculated with this TickValue. The profit of the order is 10 tick, but the OrderProfit() is not 9.8 USD. And the OrderProfit() always changing depending of the broker's actual data.

Have you ever faced with this problem? Is this a bug? Why doesn't use the backtest the PipValue I set at the currency pair? In this case I can't repeat the same backtest and I can't compare properly the results.

Do you have any suggestion what I can do?

Thank you in advance.

Relative

Mt4 crates it's own Ticks based on the bars. You might be better off of using real Ticks by TickDownloader, Birt's Earview or Tickstory Lite (google)!

gooly:
Mt4 crates it's own Ticks based on the bars. You might be better off of using real Ticks by TickDownloader, Birt's Earview or Tickstory Lite (google)!
Thank you, yes, I'm using TickStory Lite for creating the tick base. But my problem is with the varied tick value what the MT4 uses at the cross currency pairs.

"..what the MT4 uses at the cross currency pairs."

I don't know what you mean with this! The tester only can proceed only one symbol (pair).

gooly:

"..what the MT4 uses at the cross currency pairs."

I don't know what you mean with this! The tester only can proceed only one symbol (pair).

For example the EURCHF when the base currency (AccountCurrency) is USD. In this case, the MT4 tester doesn't calculate with the TickValue of the FXT file of EURCHF. In the Tickstory Lite I set the tick value to 0.98. But at the tester, the calculation of the OrderProfit() uses else tick value. The tick value of the FXT file doesn't consistent with the tick value of the backtest uses. And the tester always uses varied tick value depending of the data of the broker's account.

Thank you, but I'm still not closest to solving the problem.

I have to find the way for getting same results when I repeat the backtests on cross currency pair symbols.

It can not be solved. The tester does not use variable tickvalues.
Reason: