Asking about Time Period in Strategy Tester

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
DNMT4 2015.11.27 10:45

Dear forum

I am new in this forum.

I code an AE base on these rules : 

*** Trade in H1 period using 2 CCI Crossing ( Short CCI & Long CCI )

1/ Long trend for D1 Period : using Stochatic Indicator for D1 Periold.

- When Main Line cross up the Signal Line : BUY Status active : just open Buy and Close Buy are allowed, no SELL

- When Main Line cross down the Signal Line : SELL Status active : just open SELL and Close Sell are allowed, no BUY 

2/ Short trend for trading in H1 Period : using CCI Indicator for H1 Period  

- When the short CCI cross up Long CCI : Open Buy / Close Sell

- When the short CCI cross down Long CCI : Open Sell / Close Buy

*** When backtest EA for good parameters, the results is differents when I set the time Periods H1 or Daily ( D1 )

Which one is correct for my EA ( Trading in H1 and depend on D1 for Long Trend ) 

Thank you.

Best regards. 

gooly 2015.11.27 12:16 #

Different time periods do behave differently and one has to choose the one that is the best for one's trading strategy!

I would suggest you to google for educating sites about this topic as is it very important and too comprehensive for a short advise.

DNMT4 2015.11.29 10:28 #

@gooly : You mis-understand me.

I dont want advise for trading stratetry. I just want to ask about setting time PERIOD for OPT for best parameters.  

My EA has trading rules count on H1 and D1 Time, so when I want to find best parameters for H1 indicator, I have to set time to H1 in Tester Back Test ?

gooly 2015.11.29 11:55 #

if you look at iCC(..) you find that you have to enter the timeframe:

iCCI(_Symbol,_Period,12,PRICE_TYPICAL,0)

This way you can get the cci of a different (but available) timeframe.

WHRoeder 2015.11.30 13:59 #

DNMT4: My EA has trading rules count on H1 and D1 Time, so when I want to find best parameters for H1 indicator, I have to set time to H1 in Tester Back Test ?

If you use _Period, or PERIOD_CURRENT, or 0 in the code, the tester TF is what you get.

If you hard code it to look at PERIOD_H1 or PERIOD_D1 that is what you get and the chart TF is irrelevant except you must adjust time to proper shift using iBarShift. apples and oranges

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register