MT4 compiler error "ex4 write error" on Windows 10 new install

Hi,

I would like to report that new install of MT4 build 910 and 920 will generate "ex4 write error" and will NOT generate any ex4 file, even those that came with the installer.

Can the developer look into it and rectify the error.

If you upgrade from a older build, there won't be any error, only new install will face the issue.

Temp solution include replacing the metaeditor with a older version such as build 1198 or earlier, provided you have back up a older version.

Cheers,

Lawrence N 

FireF:

Hi,

I would like to report that new install of MT4 build 910 and 920 will generate "ex4 write error" and will NOT generate any ex4 file, even those that came with the installer.

Can the developer look into it and rectify the error.

If you upgrade from a older build, there won't be any error, only new install will face the issue.

Temp solution include replacing the metaeditor with a older version such as build 1198 or earlier, provided you have back up a older version.

Cheers,

Lawrence N 

Having same problem. But, on my Surface Pro 3, it works fine. Only on my computer, it has a trouble. 

I believed I have answered to such a question 1-2 days ago. Anyways!

Have you people checked the file and directory permissions ? That would be the first thing I'd do whenever I receive a "problem" like this.

On Windows you do have ownership and rights for files and folders (the same way as under Unix, Linux, BSD and so on). You need to make

sure that your user has read/write rights in these folders and files and that the folder and files belong to the right user. 

I have same problem.

But the problem not the read/write rights becouse older metatraders works fine only 910 and 920 has the problem.

So, what the solution?

Reason: