New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 920: Faster operation and managing a visual test from the configuration file

Back to topics list  | 1 2 3 4 5 To post a new topic, please log in or register
melgibson 2015.12.07 15:29 #

This is the most unstable version I've ever seen. Guys, what happened?

Terminal.exe crashes often when I try to save templates, indicators which worked perfectly before this release, became extermly slow. 

FMIC 2015.12.07 18:38 #

waifire:

MT4(build 920) crashes every time I run EA.

I second this! I too, am having the same problem when running the Strategy tester, EA's, etc., but only on my Windows 2008 R2 machine.

On Windows 7 and Windows 10 I have no problem. Only my Windows 2008 R2 Server is have this problem.

I tried doing a clean install of MetaTrader build 920, but it still crashes with the same BEX fault Error as referenced here by other users with similar problems.

PS! I tried a clean install of build 924 as well, but the problem persists.

EDIT: I have also reported it to the the Service Desk: #1364689

ach 2015.12.08 11:05 #

Since having this 920 upgrade forced on me now any time I try to send an order it crashes Mt4. Is there a way of reverting to an older build?
Ovo 2015.12.08 12:48 #

Google for downgrade 920 to 910.
ach 2015.12.08 13:49 #

Ovo:
Google for downgrade 920 to 910.

Thanks for that, I found http://ovo.cz/how-to-downgrade-mt4-920-to-910/ in the end which explains how to do it & it's all sorted now

BTW are you the same Ovo?

Ovo 2015.12.08 14:32 #

ach:

Thanks for that, I found http://ovo.cz/how-to-downgrade-mt4-920-to-910/ in the end which explains how to do it & it's all sorted now

BTW are you the same Ovo?

Sure, but I cannot place inks here, they get moderated earlier than fake passports.
jamescater 2015.12.10 12:05 #

jamescater:

Re:  Terminal: Optimized and accelerated the client terminal operation.

I was hoping that the performance regression that was introduced in build 910 a couple of weeks back would be fixed in this 920 release.

Since build 910 start-up of the terminal with 25 charts with 4 indicators each (100 indicators in total) has dropped from a 4 seconds to 20 seconds.

The same applies for a recompile. It used to take 2 seconds to refresh the terminal after a recompile, not I am seeing over 10 seconds for a compile/refresh.

I have even commented out all the code in the Calculate method before recompiling and there is still a huge delay, so it's not our code that is causing this issue.

The terminal appears to be doing some pre-scan before it can load the indicators

GoS:

I confirm that slow behavior since build 910...

pre-910 when i run my EA (it loads 31 symbols, and each of them 3 timelevel with 3 iCustoms = 279 loads) it took the terminal several seconds; the slowest on it was printing the debug-messages to the log...

now since 910 and 920, too, exactly the same EA needs more than one minute to start up

:

jamescater:

A startup delay could be acceptable if history is being synchronised. However the 10 second delay when recompiling an indicator doesn't add up, surely all the history should be in place for this scenario.

This feels like a regression bug.

Update:

I have raised a service request for this #1357189

This performance issue has been picked up by the service desk. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

James.

FMIC 2015.12.10 13:47 #

The service desk has just informed me of a new Build 926 that has been release and it fixed my problems with EA's and Strategy tester causing MT to crash.

So give it a try, and see if it fixes your problems. You will have to login to the MetaQuotes server in order to update.

Remember however, to login again into your broker before carrying out tests in the Strategy Tester, so that HST and FXT files match your expectations and does not have the heavy delay of re-downloading history data as some of you have noticed.

Pago 2015.12.12 19:53 #

I have some indicator which use information from other timeframe or other pair. If I try to get information from a higher timefrae or another pair the metatrader with following code the freeze and crash.

Put the indicator on a "AUDCAD" Chart -- >"iTime ("EURUSD",0,10)" --> freeze and crash

Put the indicator on e.g. M5 timeframe Chart -- > "iTime (NULL,PERIOD_M30,10)" --> freeze and crash

Will this be fixed in build 926?

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                   Test_iTime.mq4 |
//|                                                                  |
//|                                                                  |
#property copyright ""
#property link      ""
#property version   "1.00"
#property strict
#property indicator_separate_window
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int OnInit()
  {
//--- indicator buffers mapping

//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,
                const int prev_calculated,
                const datetime &time[],
                const double &open[],
                const double &high[],
                const double &low[],
                const double &close[],
                const long &tick_volume[],
                const long &volume[],
                const int &spread[])
  {
//---
   datetime time1;

time1  = iTime (NULL,0,10); //time1  = iTime (NULL,Period(),10); //time1  = iTime (NULL,PERIOD_M30,10);
//--- return value of prev_calculated for next call
   return(rates_total);
  }

Attached files:
  test_itime.mq4  (1.68 KB)
jamescater 2015.12.20 14:44 #

jamescater:

This performance issue has been picked up by the service desk. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

James.

The service desk have informed me that the changes that have caused the performance degradation are necessary and permanent so this issue cannot be resolved.

However they have improved the performance in build 940 but it is still considerably slower than the 910 build. I'm now seeing 6 seconds vs 2 seconds.

James.

The response from the desk.

Hello,

We've made some improvements in 940 build. This should speed up start-up of the terminal, but there is no way to have the same loading time as it was in previous builds - there were some changes at this part that can't be revert back. 

Back to topics list   | 1 2 3 4 5  

To add comments, please log in or register