Compiling with NPP

Hi,

i've read this and want to change the compiling with NPP from mql64.exe to metaeditor.exe because the newest available mql64.exe is of build 1162 (02 Jul 2015).

metaeditor.exe /compile:<path to source> [/inc:<path to MQL folder>] [/log]

is doing fine, but i get no output to console-window now. 

Does anybody know how to use metaeditor.exe for compiling with NPP and get the further information in console-window like mql64.exe ??

Thanks a lot 

??

I don't understand "but i get no output to console-window now." and "how to use metaeditor.exe for compiling with NPP"

the metaeditor.exe has nothing to do with Npp - except both run on Windows.

gooly:

??

I don't understand "but i get no output to console-window now." and "how to use metaeditor.exe for compiling with NPP"

the metaeditor.exe has nothing to do with Npp - except both run on Windows.

i use Notepad++ for coding. And i want also use Notepad++ to compile the .mq4-files. This can be done by the AddOn: Npp_Exec and until now the mql64.exe as commandline-compiler.

Since no new build of the stand-alone compiler will be released by MQ, but the metaeditor.exe-file can be used as compiler.

Until now, if i compile with mql64.exe the console-dialog shows something like this:

NPP_EXEC: "compile"
NPP_SAVE: C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\mql64.exe "_eV1_TradeManager.mq4" /i:C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\
Process started >>>
MQL4/MQL5 Compiler x64 build 1162 (02 Jul 2015)
Copyright 2001-2015, MetaQuotes Software Corp.
_eV1_TradeManager.mq4 : information: Compiling '_eV1_TradeManager.mq4'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Header.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Header.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_GVars.mqh : information: Including '_V1_GVars.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Objects.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Objects.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Resources.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Resources.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_MQL_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_MQL_Lib.mqh'
Result: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Time: 172 ms
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 0)
================ READY ================

Now, if i compile with metaeditor.exe, the console-dialog shows:

NPP_EXEC: "compile2"
NPP_SAVE: C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\metaeditor.exe /compile:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4" /inc:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4" /log /flg:2
Process started >>>
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 1)

i've not realized any effect of the /flg:0 or 1 or 2 flag

the /log-flag creates a file: "_eV1_TradeManager.log" at /experts-directory that contains:

C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4 : information: Compiling '_eV1_TradeManager.mq4'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Header.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Header.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_GVars.mqh : information: Including '_V1_GVars.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Objects.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Objects.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Resources.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Resources.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_MQL_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_MQL_Lib.mqh'
Result: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s), compile time: 168 msec

My question is: What is to do, for printing that log-information at the Console-Dialog of NPP ???

you'd better ask the forum of Npp - no?

But may be this helps?

No sure about N++, but when using the command line, I use redirecting the (filtered) log file to a console.

@%COMPILER%%FILE_NAME%.mq4
@echo %FILE_NAME%
@type %MQL4_DIRECTORY%\%FILE_NAME%.log|find "Result:"

Ovo:

No sure about N++, but when using the command line, I use redirecting the (filtered) log file to a console.

@type %MQL4_DIRECTORY%\%FILE_NAME%.log|find "Result:"

Thanks gooly and ovo,

it's doing now... I've added the line (like ovo's example):

cmd /c type "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)\$(NAME_PART).log"

to the compile-script, and now i get nearly the needed output to the console-dialog:

NPP_EXEC: "compile2"
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\metaeditor.exe /compile:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4" /inc:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4" /log /flg:2
Process started >>>
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 1)
cmd /c type "C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.log"
Process started >>>

C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4 : information: Compiling '_eV1_TradeManager.mq4'
Result: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s), compile time: 168 msec
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 0)

In Npp if you compile the log is presented in an extra window.

You can mark all line press ctrl-c and paste it into an new window of Npp..

Reason: