Compiling with NPP

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
GoS 2015.11.19 19:36

Hi,

i've read this and want to change the compiling with NPP from mql64.exe to metaeditor.exe because the newest available mql64.exe is of build 1162 (02 Jul 2015).

metaeditor.exe /compile:<path to source> [/inc:<path to MQL folder>] [/log]

is doing fine, but i get no output to console-window now. 

Does anybody know how to use metaeditor.exe for compiling with NPP and get the further information in console-window like mql64.exe ??

Thanks a lot 

gooly 2015.11.19 20:22 #

??

I don't understand "but i get no output to console-window now." and "how to use metaeditor.exe for compiling with NPP"

the metaeditor.exe has nothing to do with Npp - except both run on Windows.

GoS 2015.11.19 21:45 #

gooly:

??

I don't understand "but i get no output to console-window now." and "how to use metaeditor.exe for compiling with NPP"

the metaeditor.exe has nothing to do with Npp - except both run on Windows.

i use Notepad++ for coding. And i want also use Notepad++ to compile the .mq4-files. This can be done by the AddOn: Npp_Exec and until now the mql64.exe as commandline-compiler.

Since no new build of the stand-alone compiler will be released by MQ, but the metaeditor.exe-file can be used as compiler.

Until now, if i compile with mql64.exe the console-dialog shows something like this:

NPP_EXEC: "compile"
NPP_SAVE: C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\mql64.exe "_eV1_TradeManager.mq4" /i:C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\
Process started >>>
MQL4/MQL5 Compiler x64 build 1162 (02 Jul 2015)
Copyright 2001-2015, MetaQuotes Software Corp.
_eV1_TradeManager.mq4 : information: Compiling '_eV1_TradeManager.mq4'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Header.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Header.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_GVars.mqh : information: Including '_V1_GVars.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Objects.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Objects.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Resources.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Resources.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_MQL_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_MQL_Lib.mqh'
Result: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Time: 172 ms
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 0)
================ READY ================

Now, if i compile with metaeditor.exe, the console-dialog shows:

NPP_EXEC: "compile2"
NPP_SAVE: C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\metaeditor.exe /compile:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4" /inc:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4" /log /flg:2
Process started >>>
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 1)

i've not realized any effect of the /flg:0 or 1 or 2 flag

the /log-flag creates a file: "_eV1_TradeManager.log" at /experts-directory that contains:

C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4 : information: Compiling '_eV1_TradeManager.mq4'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Header.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Header.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_GVars.mqh : information: Including '_V1_GVars.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Objects.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Objects.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Resources.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Resources.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_V1_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_V1_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Lib.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_Std_Defines.mqh : information: Including '_Std_Defines.mqh'
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4\include\_MQL_Lib.mqh : information: Including '_MQL_Lib.mqh'
Result: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s), compile time: 168 msec

My question is: What is to do, for printing that log-information at the Console-Dialog of NPP ???

gooly 2015.11.19 22:30 #

you'd better ask the forum of Npp - no?

But may be this helps?

Ovo 2015.11.19 23:22 #

No sure about N++, but when using the command line, I use redirecting the (filtered) log file to a console.

@%COMPILER%%FILE_NAME%.mq4
@echo %FILE_NAME%
@type %MQL4_DIRECTORY%\%FILE_NAME%.log|find "Result:"

GoS 2015.11.20 15:27 #

Ovo:

No sure about N++, but when using the command line, I use redirecting the (filtered) log file to a console.

@type %MQL4_DIRECTORY%\%FILE_NAME%.log|find "Result:"

Thanks gooly and ovo,

it's doing now... I've added the line (like ovo's example):

cmd /c type "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)\$(NAME_PART).log"

to the compile-script, and now i get nearly the needed output to the console-dialog:

NPP_EXEC: "compile2"
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\metaeditor.exe /compile:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4" /inc:"C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\MQLCompiler\MQL4" /log /flg:2
Process started >>>
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 1)
cmd /c type "C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.log"
Process started >>>

C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\87F146EAC35A2A46AD903C12BD752076\MQL4\Experts\_eV1_TradeManager.mq4 : information: Compiling '_eV1_TradeManager.mq4'
Result: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s), compile time: 168 msec
<<< Process finished. (Exit code 0)

gooly 2015.11.20 16:54 #

In Npp if you compile the log is presented in an extra window.

You can mark all line press ctrl-c and paste it into an new window of Npp..

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register