list of all symbols including CFD's

Hello,

I have found the script 'listallsymbols.mq4' that is very useful to get the extensive symbol list for currency pairs. This does not include CFD symbols or any symbol that does not have 6 characters.

I am wondering if such a script exists that covers all symbols, including CFD's with variable name length. I am only looking for the symbol names.

Thank you. 

zeno1:

Hello,

I have found the script 'listallsymbols.mq4' that is very useful to get the extensive symbol list for currency pairs. This does not include CFD symbols or any symbol that does not have 6 characters.

I am wondering if such a script exists that covers all symbols, including CFD's with variable name length. I am only looking for the symbol names.

Thank you. 

Since b+600 we have: SymbolName(), SymbolSelect(), and SymbolsTotal(). (Look in the MQL4-Reference)

With this you can get all you need and is provided by the broker's server.

gooly:

Since b+600 we have: SymbolName(), SymbolSelect(), and SymbolsTotal(). (Look in the MQL4-Reference)

I didn't know about SymbolSelect() - thanks gooly!

gooly:

The script 'listallsymbols.mq4' uses both SymbolName() and SymbolsTotal() - I attach it enclosed. Yet I do not get all symbols selected with the script, even if they are available in Marketwatch (e.g. gold, CFD's).

How come this discrepancy? 

Thank you. 

Files:

honest_knave: I didn't know about SymbolSelect() - thanks gooly!
List of MQL4 Functions - MQL4 Documentation

Where is the script that list alll symbol?

Sibusiso Steven Mathebula #: Where is the script that list alll symbol?

Right there at the end of Post #3 ... "Files: listallsymbols.mq4". Click on the link.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Right there at the end of Post #3 ... "Files: listallsymbols.mq4". Click on the link.

Thank you, I have here in uploaded the script below (.mql4 ) to list all symbols(pretty much/all symbols that have name greater than 2) As per the wish of #zeno. Thank you
Reason: