list of all symbols including CFD's

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
zeno1 2015.10.15 03:11

Hello,

I have found the script 'listallsymbols.mq4' that is very useful to get the extensive symbol list for currency pairs. This does not include CFD symbols or any symbol that does not have 6 characters.

I am wondering if such a script exists that covers all symbols, including CFD's with variable name length. I am only looking for the symbol names.

Thank you. 

gooly 2015.10.15 08:32 #

zeno1:

Hello,

I have found the script 'listallsymbols.mq4' that is very useful to get the extensive symbol list for currency pairs. This does not include CFD symbols or any symbol that does not have 6 characters.

I am wondering if such a script exists that covers all symbols, including CFD's with variable name length. I am only looking for the symbol names.

Thank you. 

Since b+600 we have: SymbolName(), SymbolSelect(), and SymbolsTotal(). (Look in the MQL4-Reference)

With this you can get all you need and is provided by the broker's server.

honest_knave 2015.10.15 11:37 #

gooly:

Since b+600 we have: SymbolName(), SymbolSelect(), and SymbolsTotal(). (Look in the MQL4-Reference)

I didn't know about SymbolSelect() - thanks gooly!
zeno1 2015.10.15 15:36 #

gooly:

The script 'listallsymbols.mq4' uses both SymbolName() and SymbolsTotal() - I attach it enclosed. Yet I do not get all symbols selected with the script, even if they are available in Marketwatch (e.g. gold, CFD's).

How come this discrepancy? 

Thank you. 

Attached files:
  listallsymbols.mq4  (3.65 KB)
WHRoeder 2015.10.15 18:07 #

honest_knave: I didn't know about SymbolSelect() - thanks gooly!
List of MQL4 Functions - MQL4 Documentation

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register