The spam is getting ridiculous

I can only imagine that this forum is getting a reputation for being mostly un-moderated.

The amount of topics started by  spammers is now exceeding legitimate threads.

I don't know what is involved, but I am prepared to offer myself as a moderator with limited powers, if only to remove these topics that have nothing to do with mql4.

I usually check the forum a number of times per day, so I am in a position to remove them quickly. 

Before opening this post, I was going to suggest you become one; I certainly don't have the temperament. Post the service desk?

I have to agree with GumRai here.

The spam that has shown up here within the past couple of hours is reaching a point, where I really consider taking actions.

No offense but this forum clearly needs some administrative love.

I did post to the service desk and offered my services.

It was ignored! 

Earlier I checked the forum and there were no legitimate posts on the first page. The bottom threads were all spam!

If it wasn't for Metatrader 4, I wouldn't be here in first place. the amount of spam doesn't throw a good light on the overall product. Since I do a mixture of Forex and Stock trading (4hrs up to days), I more and more switched over to use Libreoffice for Analysis. Maybe switching over to a more "maintained" Forum might do the trick ? Forexfactory seem to be better maintained.

GumRai:

I did post to the service desk and offered my services.

It was ignored! 

Where did you write to us? Do you have account on mql5.com?

Rosh:
Yes, I have an account. The reference for the service desk ticket is #1314356

aakcaagac:
Maybe switching over to a more "maintained" Forum might do the trick ? Forexfactory seem to be better maintained.
MetaQuotes seem to want us to use the new hybrid MT4/MT5 forum at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum - that's where some of the former moderators of this forum now reside. But this forum just refuses to die.

There is nothing against moving to the mql5 forum. Maybe some sort of migration plan is required ? Move over all accounts and refer mql4.com to mql5.com and done.

Rosh:

Hello,

well they have now made me a moderator.

Unfortunately, a moderator with no teeth as I don't know how to remove posts.

They told me that there is a closed forum for moderators that should give me the answers, But I cannot see how to access that forum.

Reason: